So how is homosexuality treated by Space Marines?

#1Mkilbride2588Posted 3/14/2010 12:29:00 AM
Got me thinking earlier when they had this movie on about gay people in the military and all that hub ub, and I don't know the lore of Warhammer that well.

They like, ripped into tiny shreds or some other horrible fate, or just join the Imperial Guard?:P
---
A Cat is fine too.
#2LunerPosted 3/14/2010 12:43:12 AM
Space marines basicly swear away any sort of romantic and personal relationships in order to serve the emperor. They essentially are mentally trained to not think of it too much. They may care for a fellow marine in a comrade like sense, but nothing romantic like that. Further more, a marine simply can't "become a guardsman" They are genetically enhanced and therefore really aren't human anymore, nor would they really be willing to do so anyway considering the incredibly brutal training they had to endure in order to become one in the first place.

In short, there is no such thing as a "Gay" space marine. Best way I can put it, they swear to abstain from sex forever, in order to protect the imperium of man (kind of like a priest or something)

As for guardsmen, I have never heard of them not being gay, but again, in a universe where your "lover" in the military has a super high chance of dieing in combat, most regiments discourage any kind of romantic involvement between guardsmen. They may have a nurse or family back on their homeworld, but chances are, they simply just don't do it. Doesn't stop them from shacking up with someone when they are garrisoned on a world though, female or male not making much of a difference.
---
The process of learning to draw is like developing a taste for fine wine, the longer you indulge in it, the more adept you become at tasting your art.
#3Mkilbride2588(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2010 12:44:18 AM
You fail so hard man, I'm just stating, what IF.
---
A Cat is fine too.
#4morrowind3crazyPosted 3/14/2010 12:47:52 AM
They couldn't be. He doesn't suck for telling you the truth of the matter. Space Marines are a-sexual, they have no orientation at all. Combat is their life, they wouldn't be gay, or straight.
---
The fact people think a casual shooter such as MW2 deserves anything like a GOTY makes me ashamed to be a gamer.
Number of people who agree so far: 19
#5Mkilbride2588(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2010 12:48:54 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6morrowind3crazyPosted 3/14/2010 12:52:53 AM
No, we do. Hypothetically, it's still impossible, unless you want to alter the entire history of the space marines, it isn't hypothetically feasible. You'd have to completely alter the history of the universe to incorporate your idea, which isn't really a hypothetical anymore.
---
The fact people think a casual shooter such as MW2 deserves anything like a GOTY makes me ashamed to be a gamer.
Number of people who agree so far: 19
#7LunerPosted 3/14/2010 12:59:41 AM
Ok fine, if you want me to have an imagination, then here.

If a marine were to be gay, AND some how made it through the trials, he may be treated differently. If he remained silent about it (which I doubt no one one know about it, given the kinds of physcic tests they also employ during the initiates phase) he would probably have issues, since marines can't have any kind of romantic relationships, and be stuck only day dreaming about such things. This would then leave him vulnerable to the enemy psykers, it leaves space for mental weakness, Hypothetically, lets say there is more than one marine that holds such feelings, again, they must abstain from such relationships, and if memory serves, they can be punished if they do break their code to pursue one, let alone a homosexual one. If it WAS allowed, a marine would not be able to indulge in anything sexual, since I believe they are also genetically altered to not have sexual organs, and hormones are strictly managed by implants (I think they lose their man tools as well, just not sure on that).

Even with all this fluff, that has not stopped some people writing fan fics about "gay" marines. In fact *prepares flame shield* there was one fan fic that told the story of a marine that was brutally ass "raped" by an ork, even though the marine eventually gave into his "lust". It was a fan fic that was nuked by all the fan boys and lore lovers of the WH universe.
---
The process of learning to draw is like developing a taste for fine wine, the longer you indulge in it, the more adept you become at tasting your art.
#8GunWolfAlphaPosted 3/14/2010 1:00:17 AM
I may not know a lot about warhammer 40k but on what I have read and heard, Luner and morrowind3crazy are right. I mean look at the zentrady form robotech (sorry old nerd here lol), they were bread only for war and there sexes were separated so they wouldn't meet. for them the existence of life was war (also all the zentrady were clones), the same could be seen in warhammer with the space marines and the sisters of battle.
---
"I'm the enemy you idiot" Anavel Gato
#9BitakuPosted 3/14/2010 1:06:11 AM
Ever read the HH novels? The marines will look at their primarchs and talk about how beautiful and amazing they are for like half a chapter. If that's not gay...

And because I already know that somebody will be a buzzkill, no, I'm not being serious.
---
"I like BioWare until now, but I don't recyclers." - thefearedmonstr on Bioshock 2.
#10GunWolfAlphaPosted 3/14/2010 1:11:12 AM
Bitaku why do you have thefear what ever in you sig? heck after arguing against that idiot in the TOR board in his topic "this isn't a MMO" >.> , I think he is aether a troll or just delusional.
---
"I'm the enemy you idiot" Anavel Gato