gift of the artificers (spoilers)

#1uberfire-x-Posted 3/15/2010 2:53:59 AM
You receive a one time use "gift of the artificers" for completing certain missions. It creates a piece of wargear for one squad. I was wondering- does it create terminator items? I've only been using it for the dreadnought, because I only use terminator armor and items for my squads. If it creates a really epic wargear not useable by terminators, then it's useless to me.

Any insights?
#2NoGaRdKniGhtPosted 3/15/2010 3:12:55 AM
It makes a piece of terminator wargear if the currently selected squad is in terminator armor at the moment you donate the item.
#3ThingsFallApartPosted 3/15/2010 3:38:40 AM
Read the item description it tells you....
---
But I'm not a marine biologist.
#4uberfire-x-(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2010 3:50:10 AM
Hah. I decided to try it out. I used it on each person to see what it gave me by immediately ALT+F4-ing after using the item. Turns out, Thaddeus often gets the most useful terminator gear. I should try it on the ranged terminators next time as well to see if I can get some heavy bolters for my terminators.
#5gejsivPosted 3/15/2010 6:23:46 AM
i gave it to my force commander in termie armor since i had not received any termi command items yet. gave me a teleporter that was pretty alright.
---
-gejsiv- :/
#6El BastardoPosted 3/15/2010 6:33:39 AM
I got a crappy Thunder Hammer for my Force Commander after mission 4. Then when I used the two salvage items I got during the Rescue Techmarine Martellus mission right after, it spawned me two pieces of Corrupted gear.

I hate you, game.
#7LordRorkPosted 3/15/2010 9:15:28 AM

uberfire-x- posted...
Hah. I decided to try it out. I used it on each person to see what it gave me by immediately ALT+F4-ing after using the item. Turns out, Thaddeus often gets the most useful terminator gear. I should try it on the ranged terminators next time as well to see if I can get some heavy bolters for my terminators.

You'll never get heavy bolters for teminators. Assault cannons should be better, and the only other heavy weapons they get are heavy flamers and cyclone missile launchers.

I ended up with a shiny pair of lightning claws and a teleporter for my commander, a better assault cannon for Avitus and better Thunder Hammer and Shield for Thaddeus. Although it does vary what each yields, as the description of each will tell you.

Most of the items tend to be double damage versions of the equipment they have access to.

#8CaladfwichPosted 3/15/2010 11:10:48 AM
You know that you don't need to test right? I mean there is a giant green text saying what you get as regular and as terminator marine for each squad.
#9merphulPosted 3/16/2010 6:27:44 PM

kind of off topic, but if you back up your save (labeled as (profile name)_xp). you can save to the main menu, alt-tab to paste the backup over the main file, then restart the campaign to try submitting under a different squard (or anything else that you want to redo). saves time over restarting and game and significantly lower risk of corrupting the game files.

and yeah, avitus always gets an assault cannon, the submit for wargear items tell you specifically what everyone would get
#10Koishi_KomeijiPosted 3/17/2010 2:08:40 AM
You know that you don't need to test right? I mean there is a giant green text saying what you get as regular and as terminator marine for each squad

I assume the testing was to see how powerful each piece of wargear was rather than what type it was.