So how did this game end up doing?

#1carl8000Posted 6/10/2011 5:37:59 PM
I know I didn't buy this game because of the DRM, but I'm guessing I'm in the minority. Did Settlers 7 do better/worse/the same as Settlers 6? I wouldn't know where to look for sales figures.
---
"I don't know what a Hollaback girl is--I just know I want her dead." --Brian Griffin
#2carl8000(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2011 10:41:05 AM
Well, probably no one will answer this, but definitely not before this topic gets locked. So if you know (and this thread is locked) please post another topic with the info! Thanks.
---
"I don't know what a Hollaback girl is--I just know I want her dead." --Brian Griffin
#3ValacanPosted 6/13/2011 7:02:06 AM
A lot of people made noise about not buying this due to the DRM, but I don't know how that translated into sales. Settlers games have never been big sellers to begin with. I hope Ubisoft realizes poor sales are due to the DRM and not people disliking the Settlers brand. Everyone should buy Settlers VI instead then if they haven't already.

Other than that, I don't know where companies would post their sales data.
---
PSN ID: KnightlyKnave
#4LethalPuppyPosted 6/22/2011 12:07:16 PM
did they remove the drm yet like in 1404
---
Phenom II X4 965 BE, XFX 6950 1GB, 4GB DDR3 1333
#5carl8000(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2011 7:15:04 PM
^This comment got me to go and check, cause if they had removed the DRM I'd go buy the game. Turns out they modified it so that you don't have to be continuously connected to play, but you do have to be connected to *start* a game, which is still incredibly stupid. This is according to wikipedia anyway.
---
#6awsome_bebePosted 6/23/2011 12:54:16 AM
despite of the DRM the game was hacked and cracked 3 days after it's release
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of Chuck Norris]