Chapter 7 Plot Hole/Inconsistency? (minor spoilers)

#1I_Pwn_TetrisPosted 1/13/2011 2:12:25 PM
When you enter the dead corpse of the detective who crashed into the restaurant, you end up (4 minutes in the past) at the park. But I thought you always end up where the body died, which would be the restaurant....

---
Now Playing: Super Meat Boy (PC), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (DS), Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (DS)
#2Ray Ledgend 46Posted 1/13/2011 2:23:08 PM
That sorta confused me too. Definitely a minor plot hole. I expected to need to use the phone to get to the park, but it turns out I just started there =P
---
Pokemon Info: 2278 3246 3948, Name John. This and all of my other Friend Codes are in my profile.
#3NME_EnterprisesPosted 1/13/2011 2:24:49 PM
I'm thinking it has to do with the corpse ending up being in the windshield of the vehicle, so the "location" is the vehicle, but I guess the point still stands...

---
A joke is amusing until someone says it's "funny".
People who've needed "a monstah to clobbah dat dere Kirbeh!": 97
#4I_Pwn_Tetris(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2011 2:41:54 PM
I think it has to be a plot hole. I remember with Lynne, the time you save her in the junkyard, even though she died on the upper platform, you start on the lower platform (and have to "ghost" your way up), because you entered her body after her body fell to the lower platform.

Ya, I was also thinking you would have to get on the phone from the Chicken Kitchen and make your way over to the park, or perhaps stumble upon the undercover waitress and get to the park when she talked to the detective.

---
Now Playing: Super Meat Boy (PC), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (DS), Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (DS)
#5Devilot109Posted 1/13/2011 3:14:26 PM
Death within a vehicle apparently uses the vehicle as the point of reference, so you end up where-ever the vehicle was four minutes ago. This has to be true, as if this weren't the case, when you went back in time on the submarine, you'd end up in the open ocean, as the submarine would have moved between when you find the body and four minutes before the death.

As for Lynne's first death, it's possible she wasn't immediately killed by the shot, and died when she hit the lower level, or sometime after from bleeding out. Depending on what the shotgun was loaded with, this is actually entirely plausible.
---
"That's ridiculous. what would a walrus do with a magic bag?" Pokeamida
#6Gamemaster64Posted 1/13/2011 3:14:58 PM
What plot hole? It be said the dood's body was still in the window of the van. He died still in the van hang half way out.
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.
#7022494Posted 1/13/2011 3:34:24 PM
yeah I thought that made sense.
---
"<DeathRay> My car can fly thanks to the power of lies!"
"<ChlOrPh> it's rillY frustrating to wanna **** someone who doesn't exist"
#8Ray Ledgend 46Posted 1/13/2011 4:05:28 PM
Hmm. I guess that makes sense. It still weirded me out, but I suppose I never thought about it in the submarine =P
---
Pokemon Info: 2278 3246 3948, Name John. This and all of my other Friend Codes are in my profile.
#9kaisisPosted 1/13/2011 6:38:37 PM
I'm going with the vehicle theory, as it fits.
Alternatively, I can go with the lamp-desk:
We're talking about the powers of the dead, here. It doesn't have to make sense.
---
The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else - The Brothers Karamazov
#10SolidSnakeACPosted 1/16/2011 8:04:55 PM
I found that odd too. Thats not the only time it happens though.

Major Spoilers:

Going back ten years and ending up in Temsik Park, when you are in the middle of the ocean.
---
Man, don't even worry. I'm working on a cure for death, so you'll be able to play MGS4 for sure.- Technics420