What the heck, Wraith's problem???

#1Lonewolf_80Posted 6/21/2011 5:21:50 AM
Ok so let me divuldge in something first, I have played thousands of games and rarely ragequit, the 1st Cidolphus battle in FFXII and them damn rediculous dancing boxes in Star Ocean 3 have made me lose my rag a few occasions with controllers being thrown and backsides wiped on game discs!

However the latest ragequit is by far the most valid, I have played through about 60+ hrs of WKC1 the remastered one with a new avatar (my previous WKC1 game save was locked to my old ps3) and have been enjoying some of the new intergrations such as bounty quests (All complete in 1st game), errand's (lots of running around but done most of them), new skill sets and easier to get your GR up!

So I finished up with defeating the last boss of WKC1 last night and a bit put out that the game goes straight into part 2, whatever, so I lose my rag at first when a bloody rock hound and about 7 to 8 blood hounds rain on my parade, by ganging up on Scardigne and absolutely murder him, I thought ok different approach needed! Then something twigged, why the heck is the game suddenly much harder, it's literally sucking the fun out of the game!

Now for the ragequit moment, I'm currently lvl 40 with Leonard (Sword&Shield/Divine), Yulie is about lvl 38 (Bow/Divine) and my avatar who is lvl 41 with a lvl 5 Forrest Keeper Axe (Axe/Divine), this team pretty much took apart everything in WKC1, however I get to the dungeon you can't leave Balastor Underground!

I battle a skeleton, then out of nowhere more attack me, I find them incredibly hard to take down, I'm using a 99% physical attacking party and I struggle killing these things, the stage is annoying as hell aswell, so many pointless water gate control's(won't budge) and dead end's, then I wonder into a room with the Wraith and about 4 skeleton's, I knew this was going to be trouble, but it was worse than that, he absolutely obliterated me, I could not once damage him, I ran like a coward to regroup and went back in there with Eldore who is lvl 38 (2-handed sword/elementalist) and it the git with some powerful magic and what happens he hits me with an attack that he does not even need to charge up, over 100 damage to everyone and a status ailment which I can't get rid of, he then summons bloody Succubus to mop up the dead, they to are impossible to tackle!

What do I do, I have hit a wall, I've got Miu and Damal(whatever his name is) on my team and I can't get out, all the gates that were previously open are now closed and I'm really losing patience after my ragequit!

Need serious help!!!
---
PSN ID: NeoXenosyde
#2crimson-falconPosted 6/21/2011 5:28:31 AM
Lonewolf_80 posted...
Ok so let me divuldge in something first, I have played thousands of games and rarely ragequit, the 1st Cidolphus battle in FFXII and them damn rediculous dancing boxes in Star Ocean 3 have made me lose my rag a few occasions with controllers being thrown and backsides wiped on game discs!

However the latest ragequit is by far the most valid, I have played through about 60+ hrs of WKC1 the remastered one with a new avatar (my previous WKC1 game save was locked to my old ps3) and have been enjoying some of the new intergrations such as bounty quests (All complete in 1st game), errand's (lots of running around but done most of them), new skill sets and easier to get your GR up!

So I finished up with defeating the last boss of WKC1 last night and a bit put out that the game goes straight into part 2, whatever, so I lose my rag at first when a bloody rock hound and about 7 to 8 blood hounds rain on my parade, by ganging up on Scardigne and absolutely murder him, I thought ok different approach needed! Then something twigged, why the heck is the game suddenly much harder, it's literally sucking the fun out of the game!

Now for the ragequit moment, I'm currently lvl 40 with Leonard (Sword&Shield/Divine), Yulie is about lvl 38 (Bow/Divine) and my avatar who is lvl 41 with a lvl 5 Forrest Keeper Axe (Axe/Divine), this team pretty much took apart everything in WKC1, however I get to the dungeon you can't leave Balastor Underground!

I battle a skeleton, then out of nowhere more attack me, I find them incredibly hard to take down, I'm using a 99% physical attacking party and I struggle killing these things, the stage is annoying as hell aswell, so many pointless water gate control's(won't budge) and dead end's, then I wonder into a room with the Wraith and about 4 skeleton's, I knew this was going to be trouble, but it was worse than that, he absolutely obliterated me, I could not once damage him, I ran like a coward to regroup and went back in there with Eldore who is lvl 38 (2-handed sword/elementalist) and it the git with some powerful magic and what happens he hits me with an attack that he does not even need to charge up, over 100 damage to everyone and a status ailment which I can't get rid of, he then summons bloody Succubus to mop up the dead, they to are impossible to tackle!

What do I do, I have hit a wall, I've got Miu and Damal(whatever his name is) on my team and I can't get out, all the gates that were previously open are now closed and I'm really losing patience after my ragequit!

Need serious help!!!

WKC2 is much harder than you think and you still saw nothing

the game gets more and more harder as you progress

for wraith just use holy light on it

a message will pop up saying wraith has been weakened so you can attack it

remember that you have to do holy light fronm time to time

so he become invincible again and you have to holy light it again
---
WKC1 Crimson GR15: SS wielder PSN ID: Crimson-Falcon
WKC2 Terra GR7: bow & axe
#3Tsukoyomi1Posted 6/21/2011 6:08:57 AM
The way you get out of there is by using a semi-hidden passage. You have to got to the the prison area in the northwest corner and in one of the cells is a tunnel that leads you back to a place from where you can reach the exit.
There may be a Wraith or Dire Waterspider waiting at the end though, so be a bit careful.
And yes Wraiths suck, I usually just used the Knight cause I couldn't be bothered to actually deal with their crap every time.
---
PSN-ID: Tsukoyomi1
WKC1: Rozalin GR15, WKC2: Rozalin GR10
#4LordRavielPosted 6/21/2011 6:21:55 AM(edited)
Seriously if you want to take on Undead your best bet is Fire Magic. My Eldore now has Immolate and for one AC and about 50 MP It will kill any Skeletons and Succubus within range in one hit it is extremely usefull hunting Elder Equipment in the rifts because you get stuck on small platforms with undead and a Gigas/Ark Knight and need to deal with them quickly.

As for beating the undead without Magic

Skeletons take no damage from Physical attacks untill you knock them down and their physical shield dissapears once the shield is gone they will be suceptable to Physical attacks untill they get back up. If you use Holy Light or I assume Holy Water on them while the shield is down they die instantly. They are weak against Fire and Strike.

Succubus and Wraith are different they are still weak to fire and allways take damage from magic but their shield that gives them physical immunity can only be removed by using Holy Light or Water on them and they wont be kille dinstantly by them once it is gone. IIRC their are weak against Slash and Fire.
---
"If at first you don't suceed, you fail, and the test will be terminated"
Playing: White Knight Chronicles 2, FFXII IZJS, Samurai Warriors Chronicles
#5void03Posted 6/21/2011 6:21:26 AM
Magic is probably yourst bet on tackling the undead
So fire and holy light can be useful if you ever run into them again.
Since my avatar is a healer/mage, when i face skeletons, i usually use dragon breath fire spell which knocks them down and then use holy light and that one shot kills them. So i gathered that when skeletons are knocked down, use holy light if you have to one shot them.

Holy light is helps dispels the armor that succubus and wraiths have like someone else said, either that or just barrage them lots of fire stuff.

Just my 2 cents on those undead and stuff xD
---
PSN: void03 | WKC2: Riku | WKC:O : Riku03
#6starchildseimPosted 6/21/2011 6:38:48 AM
Relax, just take som time adjust to the new battles,
What is great is that almost every enemy has a double weakness
For skeletons, it is blunt and fire :-) + instant death from light when down.
You can buy them from the lost merchant at the beginning of balandore dungeon.

Wraith is a pain when you are new , but buff up what you have ambush him with a light spell/item then crush the crap out of him all out with 4 4hit blunt combo's while telling your party members to charge !!
He should be down pretty fast :-)
Dont mind the small ones if you can survive a little damage they ALL DIE when you take down
The PAIN ( wraithulf-clovn,brrrrrrrr !!)
---
peace&love ,,,,,,AND fuuuuuuun , you worm !!!! Where are you DEADPOOL ?
What ?!? You are playing Hyperdimention Neptunia ?
#7Lonewolf_80(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2011 7:05:40 AM
Thanks people, you have been a great help, I did before ragequitting manage to take down about 70% health off the wraith with magic bombardment and I did get about 300 critical damage with Leonard and a Silver Dagger(found in the dungeon), using the 20MP slash move! That's when he put his physical shield back up and retaliated with a legion of Succubus! I will spend abit of time gearing my underused Eldore to battle ready, he currently has tier 4 spells at the ready!

I had an idea the east side of the map played a part in escaping this dreary craphole of a map. I'm not really all that bothered about the increase in difficulty, kinda makes it interesting, however the volume of enemies is rediculous! In the original when you went through a passage with the large pillars near the end of the map in Dogma Rift, you fought 1 Iron Golem, in this updated version you fight about 12 Magi infantry aswell, the increase in enemy numbers is rediculous, like previously mentioned rock hound and about 8 blood wolves, is the rock hound not hard enough (its angered charging dash took off 90% of scardigne's health in 1 hit).

So the road ahead is pretty tough going, better grind and farm to avoid more flashing red screens and nearly gameovers! Thanks for the heads ups guys/gals!!!
---
PSN ID: NeoXenosyde
#8FF12GrandMasterPosted 6/21/2011 7:26:39 AM
Wraith the simple way...GR15, Lv 38.

Leonard opens door...transforms. Yulie (or whoever is mage) enters and spams fire on Wraith and keeps the Knight topped with MP. Third character and NPC fight from behind door when it closes and are never in trouble. Third character set to heal first.

Knight keeps little critters occupied, Miu and third character stay out of the way behind door, Yulie kills Wraith, end of battle, move on.
---
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.