Companion chatter and why I want to slit their throats

#1Argol_vazinPosted 7/21/2011 3:29:29 AM
Umpteenth time in baccea
Caesar: "This is where the canyon papitaurs live"
me: No, Really, I thought this was where all the wargs from balendor lived.

Kara: Would it Kill you to slow down
Me: I don't know. ask that Troll chasing me if he will let us have a breather

Walking back and forth between binding shop and weapon store
Eldore: We're wasting strength!
Me: Blame level 5 for crappy shop placement

Yulie: Hey, Heey, Wait up speedy!
Me: Hey, Heey, Shut up annoying!

Leonard: (This guy must be brain damaged or something, everything he says is just steeped in stupidity) "So the papitaur have lived here for ages right?" "So it's this way to the Dogma rift?"
Me: please die

as much as I love Kara and Yulie all the companions on this game annoy me to no end.
and I haven't even finished WKC1 yet. I fear for my sanity when I move onto wkc2
---
Megaman is ten times better than modern warfare 2, I mean c'mon he has a gun for a hand and a robot dog you can't beat that. (12 like 2 hate my sig)
#2SoratamiPosted 7/21/2011 3:47:34 AM
The "falling behind" chatter is the worst. "Hold on speedy", "I've got the rear, no really", and "trying to leave your elders in the dust, ugh.
---
PSN: ilikethispart
#3Argol_vazin(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2011 3:51:01 AM
developers should include this kind of stuff in their testing phase. if companion chatter makes people want to kick small dogs then that is a sign it doesn't belong.
---
Megaman is ten times better than modern warfare 2, I mean c'mon he has a gun for a hand and a robot dog you can't beat that. (12 like 2 hate my sig)
#4RuneweaverPosted 7/21/2011 4:07:13 AM
i think you can turn it off in the options.
#5Tsukoyomi1Posted 7/21/2011 4:27:26 AM
Turning this off was actually one of the first things I did in the game. I think the option is called live talk.
---
PSN-ID: Tsukoyomi1
WKC1: Rozalin GR15, WKC2: Rozalin GR20
#6EMIRIOPosted 7/21/2011 4:55:47 AM
when in Balandor eldore says ´´war is bad for commerce ´´
---
PSN:EyMiRo
#7Argol_vazin(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2011 5:33:40 AM
Tsukoyomi1, your my hero :3 I only quickly skimmed through the options when I first started and I thought live talk was online chat >.>
---
#8Sephivengeance9Posted 7/21/2011 5:50:38 AM
Tsukoyomi1 posted...
Turning this off was actually one of the first things I did in the game. I think the option is called live talk.

.... And I'm just finding out about this? Well, now at least trying to get an emblem will be slightly less annoying.... I stress slightly though, this drop-rate alone is making my want to burn puppies.
---
Phoenix is weak! >.>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1UVHfJvJDo
#9dyzePosted 7/21/2011 7:03:23 AM
EMIRIO posted...
when in Balandor eldore says ´´war is bad for commerce ´´

I think he says "War is effecting Commerce".. anyway I laugh every time he does say that.. cuz he says it so fast, and abruptly, that he sounds like some weird newscaster throwing out some quick phrase to catch out attention.
#10SoratamiPosted 7/21/2011 7:12:17 AM
Thing is if you turn off live talk you'll also miss quite a few one-time/story related dialogues, so it's best to have it on at least when you're doing story related stuff.
---
PSN: ilikethispart