How should I prepare for Redhorn Isle/the boss at the end? *SPOILERS*

#1theofficefan99Posted 7/23/2012 4:14:28 PM
I'm currently stuck on Dragias but Redhorn Isle is coming up.

Scardigne is Lvl. 48, Eldore is Lvl. 52, my Avatar is Lvl. 49. Before Yulie left she was also Lvl. 52, Leonard was Lvl. 49, and Caesar was Lvl. 46. I'm not sure who's in the party at what point since everyone loves to randomly leave, but yeah, those are my parties.

Scardigne, Eldore, Yulie, Caesar and Leonard are all at 96% with their Short Sword skills. My avatar is at around 65% with the short sword and pretty far into the Bow Skills (not exactly sure what percent). Everyone has healing spells such as Heal, +Heal, Heal II, +Heal II, and Heal III. Eldore is around 75% into his Elemental Magic skills. Yulie is also pretty far into her bow skills (around 60% I believe).

My GR is 4 because I've done only 3 errands, I believe. I haven't done any marks and no other errands, don't know how much that would help out.

Anyways, this is my party. Apparently Brimflamme and the final chain of boss fights are the hardest bosses in the entire WKC main story, and I just want to prepare myself by making sure I have the right party, the right set-up, the right skills, etc. etc. and I heard that you can level up a decent amount at Redhorn (4-5 levels), so it would help if I knew ahead of time what things to look out for. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#2TeslaviPosted 7/23/2012 5:57:37 PM
Carry items, use buffs/debuffs, use the defend command, hit weaknesses, win fight.

It's an easy fight. Especially with post-patch mages.
#3Drkr_ZenPosted 7/24/2012 2:17:19 PM
I apologize, as I forget the name of the bow for the Moon Maiden, but one of them has elemental magic, including an ice spell that absolutely wrecks Brimm. Leo is forced into your part, so I just de-knighted him, had Yulie knight and focus ice magic on Brimm, and as bow you could attempt to keep both blinded, especially Dinivas who you would be able to handle with thrust attacks.

As fo the final chain of bosses, load EVERYONE up with items from cheapest potion to level IIIs if you got 'em, as well as MP potions. I survived the first fight with item usage alone... then when you go into the final fights, try your hardest to preseve your knight for the absolute final battle. I accidentally forgot to knight, as I thought there was another round left, so its very doable without a knight... although I was using SnS, at the time.

Dark Shot will be your best tool during these fights, though. So, if you could keep up with one of your teammates using Fortify+ and another Haste+, if possible, that would aid you greatly as well.
---
Playing: LBP2, GEB, MHP3rd, Asura's Wrath, ME3, OoT 3D
"See You Space Cowboy."
#4antoinejonesPosted 7/26/2012 5:50:26 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
I'm currently stuck on Dragias but Redhorn Isle is coming up.

Scardigne is Lvl. 48, Eldore is Lvl. 52, my Avatar is Lvl. 49. Before Yulie left she was also Lvl. 52, Leonard was Lvl. 49, and Caesar was Lvl. 46. I'm not sure who's in the party at what point since everyone loves to randomly leave, but yeah, those are my parties.

Scardigne, Eldore, Yulie, Caesar and Leonard are all at 96% with their Short Sword skills. My avatar is at around 65% with the short sword and pretty far into the Bow Skills (not exactly sure what percent). Everyone has healing spells such as Heal, +Heal, Heal II, +Heal II, and Heal III. Eldore is around 75% into his Elemental Magic skills. Yulie is also pretty far into her bow skills (around 60% I believe).

My GR is 4 because I've done only 3 errands, I believe. I haven't done any marks and no other errands, don't know how much that would help out.

Anyways, this is my party. Apparently Brimflamme and the final chain of boss fights are the hardest bosses in the entire WKC main story, and I just want to prepare myself by making sure I have the right party, the right set-up, the right skills, etc. etc. and I heard that you can level up a decent amount at Redhorn (4-5 levels), so it would help if I knew ahead of time what things to look out for. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

unless i have you confused with someone else... arent you the guy always dissing the game yet not only have you not finished it but still playing it despite how "terrible" it is.. and managed to get stuck on an "easy" game?
---
My first time and day in Jueno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#5theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2012 12:47:38 PM
I've "dissed" this game 3-4 times and I do think it's pretty terrible in most aspects but it can be enjoyable. These last few hours have actually been kind of exciting even with the bad plot, and the boss fights have been enjoyable because they've been tough so I have a more positive impression about the game now, and Redhorn Isle seems to be pretty cool as I just got there.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#6antoinejonesPosted 7/26/2012 2:22:01 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
I've "dissed" this game 3-4 times and I do think it's pretty terrible in most aspects but it can be enjoyable. These last few hours have actually been kind of exciting even with the bad plot, and the boss fights have been enjoyable because they've been tough so I have a more positive impression about the game now, and Redhorn Isle seems to be pretty cool as I just got there.

and just to be sure youre the same person who was gonna stop playing the game at one point because all it was was going through the same levels as you did in art 1 but in the opposite order and it was boring you to death but you heard it gets better towards teh end. That was you right?

If so then as you can see everyone was right it does get better toward the end :p and the game is well worth the 20 dollar price tag it goes for now even if it isnt great... 60 bucks? probably not.. but 20? definitely worth it to ANYONE who likes JRPGs (or anyone who was crazy enough to actually like/think star ocean 4 was good)
---
My first time and day in Jueno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#7theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2012 11:08:09 PM
I actually think SO4 is much better than this game in terms of combat, soundtrack and visuals >.> Both games have awful stories, characters and dialogue.

It has gotten better but yeah, I guess it's worth $20.... too bad I paid $60 for it.
---
#8antoinejonesPosted 7/26/2012 11:56:40 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
I actually think SO4 is much better than this game in terms of combat, soundtrack and visuals >.> Both games have awful stories, characters and dialogue.

It has gotten better but yeah, I guess it's worth $20.... too bad I paid $60 for it.

so4 might have had better combat (though no in my opinion but i can see why ppl would prefer so4 combat) but better visuals and soundtracks? Umm i hummed (and sung if the song had vocals... like the final battle in WKC2 for example) along with all the songs... never once did that happen in SO4.. and i wouldnt call WKCs story characters and dialog awful.. just cliched and nothing you havent seen a million times already if youve been playing JRPGs since the 90s..

however SO4 was actually AWFUL... when youre dozing off while playing a game or have to FORCE yourself to finish it as opposed to actually playing it because you WANT to see how it ends.. that measns it must be bad lol.
---
#9SekusenPosted 7/27/2012 5:35:57 AM
Sure is a lot of opinions in this thread.

It'd be a shame if someone's was wrong.
---
Even so I will... I will believe! I will believe in the me, that believes in us, humans and the future! The drill is my soul!
#10antoinejonesPosted 7/27/2012 8:13:52 AM
Sekusen posted...
Sure is a lot of opinions in this thread.

It'd be a shame if someone's was wrong.

Sure is a lotta sarcasm in this thread.

Would be a shame if someone made a pointless post.
---