are you serious????

#11mrpeepers897Posted 11/13/2009 5:29:25 AM
an audience that can't tell the difference = ridiculously bad games

If they can't tell the difference, why put effort into making an A-list barbie game? Again, just because you're not the demographic (read: 4 to 7 year old girls) doesn't mean it doesn't have one.
---
"If Crysis is a masterpiece, I have some connect the dot drawings from 1st grade that belong in the Louvre." - Kordesh
#12IsentaurPosted 11/14/2009 8:29:54 AM
well clearly you didn't even read the post you quoted an excerpt from - my point is, the games aren't very good even for their target audience because the developers don't care and a 7 year old girl can't tell really tell the difference between quality and crap to demand better.
---
art/fiction/design: www.adunai.com
xbox 360 Live Gamertag: Isentaur
#13mrpeepers897Posted 11/23/2009 7:33:16 AM
I can't believe I'm coming back to this thread but LOL you said it AGAIN.

IF the target demographic doesn't care about the quality of the game (which is what you say), simply that there is a game, WHY would you put the effort into making a "high-quality" game?

Also, the fact that you're calling this a "bad game" for the demographic means you must have tried it? Or you're pulling that out of your butt. One of the two.

Good game, sir.
---
"If Crysis is a masterpiece, I have some connect the dot drawings from 1st grade that belong in the Louvre." - Kordesh
#14IsentaurPosted 11/24/2009 7:44:34 PM
I can't believe I'm coming back to this thread but LOL you said it AGAIN.

IF the target demographic doesn't care about the quality of the game (which is what you say), simply that there is a game, WHY would you put the effort into making a "high-quality" game?

Also, the fact that you're calling this a "bad game" for the demographic means you must have tried it? Or you're pulling that out of your butt. One of the two.

Good game, sir.

Well, hello Mr. Internet Fighter Guy.

you're restating the point of my post as a question back to me... lol. I stated it as a fact, the games suck because no one cares if they are good, I never said they should be good or implied i think they should put more effort into it. The whole point of everything I've said is they are bad because no one cares, now you're asking me why they should. I don't think they should - I never once said I thought they should, I just said they are bad because no one wants to make them and the players cant tell the difference.

and no, obviously I haven't played THIS game, but I have played/seen enough terrible little girl games to reasonably assume this one is bad also. THE ENTIRE POINT of what I said was that the dudes making the games don't want to make the games and don't care to make good games especially considering no one would even notice if they were good... what are you even arguing with me about? You're asking me questions incredulously like you can't believe I don't understand the exact point I have made and reiterated because you don't seem to get that I am agreeing with you.

If I'm being redundant in this post, its because the concept of what I am saying is apparently going over your head so I am trying to make it understandable.
---
art/fiction/design: www.adunai.com
xbox 360 Live Gamertag: Isentaur
#15Suchapayne(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2009 10:58:18 PM
first topic on this board and the only one that isnt archived