Rose Ball Rules.

#1Kalm20Posted 11/28/2010 12:43:37 AM
What are the rules to Rose Ball? Are there none? I think there should be. Let's establish some shall we?

---
Abel. Ibuki.
White Lightning. Black Death.
#2alotus4Posted 11/28/2010 2:02:27 AM
who ever gets hit loses
---
PSN - alotus15
#3soul_assassin23Posted 11/28/2010 2:58:13 AM
If you ever attempt to make the match even the slightest bit interesting or entertaining then you are automatically disqualified.
#4XienzatoPosted 11/28/2010 3:05:44 AM
I always call it soul tennis ;) It's so much fun!
I'm not aware of any formal rules but these are the ones I go with:

1) No EX spark allowed.
2) The player to serve is the one who won the previous point. At the beginning of the match, doesnt matter who serves lol.
3) Can serve with whichever spark you wish (weak, mid, strong).
4) Character to serve should be approximately full screen distance away. after serving, both players can move about how they wish but only via walking or dashing. Jumping is not allowed.
5) Only reflects you can use are EX and medium.
6) No jumping or blocking sparks or using sparks to neutrilize the opponent's. Penalty for avoiding a spark this way is a spark in the face.
7) At the end of the round whoever has the most health remaining wins (obviously :P).

We should so set up a soul tennis gamefaqs tournament lol...

---
PSN: Xienzato
SSF4 Mains: Rose...well just Rose. Until Karin/Elena/R.Mika are announced. New title aquired: The Evil Sorceress!
#5XienzatoPosted 11/28/2010 3:08:15 AM
Oh you meant during an actual match? In that case there are no rules unless you both establish them in some way lol. Forget my previous post if that is the case haha.
---
SSF4 Mains: Rose...well just Rose. Until Karin/Elena/R.Mika are announced. New title aquired: The Evil Sorceress!
#6Kalm20(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2010 4:19:08 AM
Lol. Those are awesome Xienzato.

I was in an endless lobby and just by chance a Rose mirror happened (one guy was cycling through characters, the other mained Rose).

They immediately dashed to opposite sides of the screen, taunted, and spent the next 3 rounds playing soul tennis. It was hilarious.

I wish these rules would spread around the community so that any casual Endless Rose mirrors become a tennis match. Maybe I should make a funny video about it or something and post it to eventhubs. Only problem is...I don't play Rose lol.
---
Abel. Ibuki.
White Lightning. Black Death.
#7XienzatoPosted 11/28/2010 4:25:47 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8XienzatoPosted 11/28/2010 4:28:08 AM
You don't need to main Rose to play soul tennis. Just practice a bit in training with reflecting fireballs to get a sense of the timing and that's all you need. The rest is up to your reflexes ;)
I only played 'formal' soul tennis a few times and it was really good fun. Most of the time it's just me and the rose player trying to gauge each other in the middle of a round, encouraging a soul tennis game only to end with me being a douche and using lp reflect to build meter lol.
However, if you dont use Rose and just want to play tennis casually in the middle of a round that can be a problem lol... unless your opponent also doesnt use Rose in which case it's all good fun!

---