Ibuki's Target Combos and cancels in SSF4

#1dreamcleaverPosted 2/19/2010 1:05:21 PM
How many has a chance to stay in your opinion?

I think in the trailer I saw her LP, MP, cr. HK, HK so the most important is there.

I also hope she will have:
- b+MP, cr. HK, HK
- (LK,) MK, HK
- close HP, cr. HK, HK

I used those the most.

Also the Hien (her backward DP+ K jump kick move) could be followed up with a kunai throw in SF3. Was it a normal follow up or a super jump cancel? I know I usually did a super jump input after Hien but maybe it wasn't needed.

Actually I would like if Ibuki kept all her target combos and the rest of the cast was given 1-2 too.
#2SuperFinalBurstPosted 2/19/2010 1:07:53 PM
I wanna say that all of their moves/chains have been brought back and kept the same as they were before.
---
PSN : Zujira
"Gonna have to start attacking gief from sea, cause land and air are officially ruled out." -nobusiness
#3AziraphailePosted 2/19/2010 1:19:22 PM
Was it a normal follow up or a super jump cancel? I know I usually did a super jump input after Hien but maybe it wasn't needed.

No jump cancel required. She bounces away automatically, then you can just input the kunai toss, and there it is. You can actually combo a Strong or Fierce Kunai if you get the timing just right, but the window for that link is pretty tight. You could also super-cancel the Hien on hit, or wait and super-cancel the kunai toss if your opponent does something stupid. (At least, assuming you had SA1.)

Her close and far standing roundhouse were jump-cancellable in Third Strike, but jump-cancelling in SF3 required the super-jump input.

If they've kept the Jab-Strong-cr.Roundhouse-Roundhouse chain, it's probably safe to say that the Jab-Strong-Fierce chain is still intact too. You might also note that Ken kept his Strong-Fierce target combo from 3S too, so I can't see many problems with Ibuki and Dudley keeping their target chains. Ibuki had a few air-chains though, and I'm not sure how feasible those would be in the new engine.

---
you got nothing but your asterisk, boy. so ******** and ********** to the ********************************** and *!
tribaL216
#4dreamcleaver(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2010 1:29:20 PM
As far as I know Ken's target combo is pretty useless in SF4 (I don't play Ken though).

Well I'm all down for Ibuki keeping ALL her tricks but without giving some tools to he old SF4 cast as well she is going to be a beast imho.
#5AziraphailePosted 2/19/2010 3:37:58 PM
As far as I know Ken's target combo is pretty useless in SF4 (I don't play Ken though).

You say that now... Obviously no one's ever landed j.FP, MP->FP xx FP Shoryken on you. Simple 6-hit combo, good for 40% health or so on most characters. The chain itself is also a pretty good dose of stun.

Well I'm all down for Ibuki keeping ALL her tricks but without giving some tools to he old SF4 cast as well she is going to be a beast imho.

Remember that "ALL her tricks" includes such niceties as Seth-level health and stun capacity, slightly pathetic damage output, and a serious dependancy on EX-moves for priority and knockdowns. The old target chains kept her competitive, because they allowed her to build meter for EX-moves. I think the rest of the cast will be fine as is, honestly.

Probably the best thing about SSF4 will be having access to the high-damage of Yoroi Dooshi without worrying about using our meter for EX moves. It was impractical to use anything but Kasumi Suzaku back in 3S because it was the only super she had that stocked more than one bar.

---
you got nothing but your asterisk, boy. so ******** and ********** to the ********************************** and *!
tribaL216
#6dreamcleaver(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2010 6:48:19 PM
Well your diagnosis seems to have solid basis so I yield.

I hope she will have at least Gouki level of health though if her dmg output will be gimped as well.
#7Aishi_Posted 2/19/2010 7:43:16 PM
You say that now... Obviously no one's ever landed j.FP, MP->FP xx FP Shoryken on you. Simple 6-hit combo, good for 40% health or so on most characters. The chain itself is also a pretty good dose of stun.

Aside from whiffing crouching opponents, adding a second hit for extra damage scaling, and doing everything worse than whatever s.HK xx does, sure it's ok (Read: Don't use Ken's target combo)

:I
---
Go grow a tree, to make up for the amount of oxygen you waste.
Ijji GunZ:Rayne- IGunZ:Rayne-