Strategy for chapter 14?

#1pr3dato8Posted 2/13/2011 1:09:28 PM

NO SPOILERS PLZ!

I am on chapter 13 and I see a lot of posts saying that you just run through chapter 14, I never do that, I usually kill everyone and then move on. Is there a reason for running through chapter 14?

I know about the Ubermorph (regenerator) but in chapter 14 is there no way to kill him? Cos I think in chapter 15 you can shoot him into a big ventilator.

Plz advise cos i dont want to end up with like no ammo and an ubermorph on my back while trying to kill everyone.

Cos I usually clear a room, then search every corner for ammo, nodes, health packs and money.

#2HalcalixPosted 2/13/2011 1:20:01 PM

You can only kill the Ubermorph literally just before the last boss, so yes, you will have a lot of running to do whether you like it or not.

Stock up on Stasis packs and run past enemies if you want to conserve ammo.

#3HalcalixPosted 2/13/2011 1:20:02 PM

You can only kill the Ubermorph literally just before the last boss, so yes, you will have a lot of running to do whether you like it or not.

Stock up on Stasis packs and run past enemies if you want to conserve ammo.

#4RevolverRezPosted 2/13/2011 1:21:05 PM
There is absolutely no reason for sticking around at this stage. The ammo you get for looting here is nothing compared to what you'll waste fighting the almost endless stream off. So just stasis and run.
There is a way to kill the ubermorph, but thats in the last room he appears in so its not worth doing other than for revenge (force gun him into the large fan).

In short, just run. You're pretty much at the end and your ammo/health supply will thank you for it.
---
I saw what you did there...
#5pr3dato8(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2011 1:24:00 PM

thanks for the advices guys. so does the ubermorph appear at the start of chapter 14? or somewhere in the middle?

Also, in chapter 14 will there be a shop so I could load up with stasis and health? Cos ill nee to know when to switch from little health and stasis and a lot of ammo to loads of health and stasis and little ammo :)

#6RevolverRezPosted 2/13/2011 1:31:16 PM
He shows up right at the beginning of the chapter, and harasses you constantly throughout. Thankfully its a pretty short chapter anyway if you just sprint. There is a store in chapter 14 but remember to bring a good ranged gun with a decent amount of ammo. You'll find out why on chapter 15.
---
#7SyluxzeroPosted 2/13/2011 1:39:48 PM(edited)
There is one final shop in Ch. 14 but you have to get through a chase with the ubermorph first. I just finished the game last night. The only thing I can say is just run as fast as you can only engaging necros in your way. Not really a spoiler but in one room you need to use a dead researcher's rig to open a door. The faster you open that door the the better.

^ a good ranged weapon to use is a full upgraded Pulse rifle.
---
PSN: Future_Reaper88 "To everyone that have killed me with stealth in AC:B MP I salute your skills"
#8nickizgr8Posted 2/13/2011 1:47:31 PM
Why are you calling it the ubermorph is offical name is the hunter like the one in dead space 1 also your not playing on hardcore mode as you asked ofr no spilers so im guessing its ur first runthrough as you unlock hardcore after u comeplete for the first time so its not a big deal if you do die the worst thing that is going to happen is u go back to a checkpoint
#9Omisan771Posted 2/13/2011 1:53:26 PM
Just make sure you stock up on statis pack or you will regret it.
#10RevolverRezPosted 2/13/2011 2:56:39 PM
why are you calling it the ubermorph is offical name is the hunter

Not according to the official strategy guide. The "hunter" of this game is called the ubermorph by the devs themselves.
---