Brute chapter 6 strategy?

#1spankytheslothPosted 2/13/2011 11:37:25 AM
I've literally died 40+ times on this boss. I've emptied 42 rounds from the plasma cutter into his shoulder blades and he still won't die. Anyone got a decent strategy for this thing or is it all about getting lucky?
---
Brushes with death are like snowflakes; each one is unique, and if you have enough of them you can make a snowman.
#2RevolverRezPosted 2/13/2011 11:41:32 AM
When he drops, have one of the stasis canisters laying around the room ready for him - get a few cheap early shots in. Then, goad him into charging and stasis him. Run around his charge and unload into his back. Rinse and repeat.
But how upgraded is your cutter? Do you have other guns to use on him? Other suggestions (if you have them) include holding the ripper over his weak point, a well aimed line gun mine and the contact beam for an easy win.
---
I saw what you did there...
#3spankythesloth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2011 11:44:37 AM
Nevermind, just got lucky. 42 plasma cutter rounds and 2 javelins did the trick.
---
Brushes with death are like snowflakes; each one is unique, and if you have enough of them you can make a snowman.
#4spankythesloth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2011 11:46:52 AM
I just have the ripper and javelin gun, still on my first playthrough. I used stasis when he charged, but I only had 2 so it didn't last long. Didn't think about using ripper since you can't really get close without getting swung at.
---
#5RevolverRezPosted 2/13/2011 11:49:17 AM
^ Ah, but with stasis he's just sat there and is a prime target for a few seconds of ripping. When he starts to "thaw" hit him with another stasis and rip him again. Bam. Dead. Its so efficient and easy that way.
---
I saw what you did there...
#6Wolfwood824Posted 2/13/2011 11:51:03 AM
Stasis, get behind him, shoot its leg off.

If you get a bit of distance between you and it at this point, it'll start shooting explosive sacs at you. You can use Kinesis to catch them and shoot them back in its face. Just keep doing that until it dies.

Or do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0qhBOPg_-w#t=31m22s
---
'Mouths aren't required for reproduction...' -chaosinwriting
'Then I've been doing this the wrong way for about 3 years now.' -MasterShot2k5
#7IrishSpectre_N7Posted 2/13/2011 11:58:44 AM
I've always just used the stasis, then hit with the Line Gun aimed so that a shot hits both of his shoulders. Takes him down fast.
---
GT/PSN - IrishSpectre257
#8HighOnPhazonPosted 2/13/2011 12:02:04 PM
Stasis and Javelin rounds. Why are you bothering with the Plasma cutter at all? Stasis him and shoot a Javelin in his shoulders. A few of those should take out one leg. Now all you have to do is back away, and when he spits his sac of exploding crap at you, catch it with Kinesis and throw it back at him like 3 times. Piece of cake.
---
HighOnPhazon
#9HighOnPhazonPosted 2/13/2011 12:03:45 PM
Wow Wolfwood, nicely done dude.

The Line Gun is awesome.
---
HighOnPhazon
#10simonbelmont2Posted 2/13/2011 12:05:53 PM
The Javelin especially with the alt fire would of made that fight easy. Simply stasis him, run around to his back and target the weak spots. Always be aware of which weapons are the most powerful, you will need to use those for the tougher enemies. Using the PC for that fight is a waste of ammo really.
---
Adversity introduces a man to himself.
More topics from this board...
mp???green_abobo34/16 4:04PM