What difficulty should I choose if I'm playing the whole game...

#1FenderStratDavePosted 4/24/2012 8:56:19 AM
while I'm high?

Hey guys! I've been playing games since I was in middle school. Recently my roommate picked this up and told me its a must play. Now, I usually play all games sober, but he told me to make an exception for this one. I played Dead Space 1 and was scared out of my mind hahaha.

My question is, what difficulty should I play on? Whenever I do a high play through I always choose the easiest difficulty. But I heard that with this game the easiest difficulty makes it much less scary. But on the other hand, I don't want normal mode to be too hard, you know?

Thanks in advance guys. Also please refrain from passing judgement on my personal choice to indulge :] there's no need for any judgements. Rock on guys!
-Darren
---
"Chill out Scrooge, the kid is excited about his Christmas present. Go kick a puppy or something." -mattrulezyou8-
#2AzanodePosted 4/24/2012 4:40:30 PM
This game lets you change the difficulty whenever you want, so you can try starting off on Normal and turn it down if you're struggling. Coming off DS1, I found Survivalist to be a well-balanced difficulty for a first run, so I don't think Normal will be too bad.