Easy / Normal Mode

#1Wkd315Posted 11/2/2011 11:29:15 AM
Is there any huge difference? I want to play as a Caster, but I never really touched a Fate game, and am kind of intimidated to try it on normal.

So... if I play on Easy, do I miss out on events or scenes? Or anything else considered major?
#2VirusChrisPosted 11/2/2011 11:44:47 AM
So far the only thing different about Easy and Normal Mode is the little fountain that fully restores Servant's HP/MP and the Master's MP making it much easier to grind.

Having it in either mode doesn't affect the Storyline at all, just Easy Mode gives you a fountain to heal you to make life easier. I recommend to use Easy Mode with Caster because of her low Physical strength and you need to grind as much as possible.

Plus have Caster at least two more levels about the Target level before the end of the week.

Multiple playthrough and/or fighting the same enemy time saves their Attack Pattern so it becomes easier to fight them to the point that you don't have to worry about healing your Servant anymore.

Hope that helps.
---
"Invoke... VIRUS SOUL!!!" ~ From my VirusChris manga project
PSN: VirusChris / JP PSN: UirusuKurisu / XboxLIVE: UtlimVirusChris
#3Wkd315(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2011 11:48:30 AM
Yeah, it completely helps me.

I was a bit scared on playing on Normal with a Caster, but Saber's appearance irked me, and I just wasn't feeling an Archer.

Thanks a ton though, appreciate the quick response.

But one more thing, I am already at the place where I can choose my Servant, do I have to do a quick restart to change the difficulty? Probably, yeah?
#4VirusChrisPosted 11/2/2011 12:33:43 PM
You can only change the Game's Difficulty level by either at the start of a New Game or beat the game and start a New Game+.

If you want to have Caster as a Servant, but you started on Normal Mode you can just go back to the beginning, on a New Game, and re-select your Difficulty level or you could plow on through with Caster if you want.

It's better if you know the enemies pattern by remember their patterns, writing them down, or view a guide. It helps when Casters kill her enemies without getting hit.

Use the Fate/Extra wikia here for some help (Please Note that it's in Japanese, but if you have Google Chrome you can have it translate the text to English, though not accurate, but it helps greatly for first time players):

http://www35.atwiki.jp/fate_extra/
---
"Invoke... VIRUS SOUL!!!" ~ From my VirusChris manga project
PSN: VirusChris / JP PSN: UirusuKurisu / XboxLIVE: UtlimVirusChris