Archer true identity?*spoilers*

#1ValinxxPosted 12/18/2011 9:30:55 PM
Who is his true identity?Dont remeber him saying it.
#2Natwaf_akidnaPosted 12/18/2011 9:32:04 PM
Emiya Shirou of an alternate universe.
---
My Little Phineas and Ferb: Summer is Magic!
#3SS_GokouPosted 12/19/2011 2:40:53 AM
did he really said that in this game? haven't tried him yet so no idea...
---
Official Praetor of Saber in the Fate/Extra Boards
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Saber-FateExtra/286251641405745
#4VirusChrisPosted 12/19/2011 2:49:13 AM
No... he merely says he has no name as he's a soldier or a person that gave up his "human" name to become the ideal or embodiment of the Ally of Justice.

He never states he went by the name "Shirou Emiya", which is why he is stated as "No Name" in his Matrix Database.

He comments he did had a name once, but discarded so that's the closest you're going to get.
---
"Invoke... VIRUS SOUL!!!" ~ From my VirusChris manga project
PSN: VirusChris / JP PSN: UirusuKurisu / XboxLIVE: UtlimVirusChris
#5SS_GokouPosted 12/19/2011 2:51:48 AM
but still... opponents like gawain still knows his identity?

like saying something like... you... false hero or something?

what's gawain's dialogue regarding archer?
---
Official Praetor of Saber in the Fate/Extra Boards
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Saber-FateExtra/286251641405745
#6Natwaf_akidnaPosted 12/19/2011 2:52:50 AM
Nah, they never outright say his name.

You do see his picture, and this Archer remembers meeting a different Rin Tohsaka.
---
My Little Phineas and Ferb: Summer is Magic!
#7Game JesterPosted 12/20/2011 10:05:25 AM

Honestly I think that part is just laziness.
They wanted to make it look like Leo and Gawain were looking into your servant's true identity like anyone should be doing in the war but there is just no way anyone could know who Archer is.
And seeing how no matter who your servant is Gawain will always know and make some insulting remark towards their identity I can only chalk it up to some lazy generic line they threw in for that scene.
#8zinformantPosted 12/20/2011 2:36:01 PM
Game Jester posted...

Honestly I think that part is just laziness.
They wanted to make it look like Leo and Gawain were looking into your servant's true identity like anyone should be doing in the war but there is just no way anyone could know who Archer is.
And seeing how no matter who your servant is Gawain will always know and make some insulting remark towards their identity I can only chalk it up to some lazy generic line they threw in for that scene.

You could also argue that they assumed that, with no info on Archer, he therefore had to be a false hero or whatever the line was. But, yeah, it boils down to laziness without any eisegesis on our part.

Archer is Emiya, though. They hint at it enough. He fits the bill, too. Emiya was forgotten by history. They even show a picture of him later in life at some point near the end of the game.
---
I'm gonna go butter up my pooper with it real good!
#9VirusChrisPosted 12/20/2011 3:08:40 PM
Well Saber is understandable given her appearance, remember in the beginning on how the MC wonder how can someone's "appearance" would give away their true identify was beyond them, so Gawain would recognize Saber as in the King Arthur stories Arthur went to Rome with Gawain so they could've learned about Nero's life there.

And Caster, how many Fox-Tail Spirits are there in Japanese Mythology? Plus she's easily mistaken as a Demon when she's in fact a deity in a way, actually she is, so someone from Gawain's point of view with his noble attitude and desire to protect the King and its people from all evil beings (including demons) that's why he called Caster a demon.

However both Leo and Gawain, I think, don't know Caster's connection to the Sun Goddess so it's possible they're clever enough to deduce their identifies.

Archer is another story, but then again Archer is from a unspecific point in the future and he looks like he's in he's between 20 - 40 at most and seeing as Shirou Emiya is from the 1990's and the game takes place in 2032 it's possible he is know at that time. Give or take, Archer still looks fairly young which isn't too unreasonable .
---
"Invoke... VIRUS SOUL!!!" ~ From my VirusChris manga project
PSN: VirusChris / JP PSN: UirusuKurisu / XboxLIVE: UtlimVirusChris
#10LegoTechnicPosted 12/20/2011 3:34:03 PM(edited)

This isn't completely true, as Fate/Extra occurs long in the future after both Rin and Shirou have died (or at least grown old). It is entirely possible that it could even be the alternate reality that Emiya Archer originally hails from, especially considering the nature of the "great war" that occurred in the past. If this was the case, then Leo would not only know of him, but he would know his real involvement in the past wars and not just the public release version.

Not proven or stated to be true, but a thought I like to entertain.

Also there's the entire fact that heroic spirits all know each other's legends anyway, despite some having lived long after others.
---
Bane even prayed for Dick when he became Batman. -- Frostbite_Zero