Need a short story for The Witcher 1 **Spoilers 1st game**

#1Ding6Posted 5/9/2011 6:07:20 PM
Hello,

I have Witcher 1 and I am on Chapter 3. I stopped playing it a while ago because I got bored =x I still consider it a great game, but, so many loadings and the combate wasn't that great. I started playing it again a while ago, and I still enjoy it a little, but really, Witcher 2 looks sooooo much better, and I think it's one of those games I will be hooked for a VERY LONG time.
The thing is, I can't finish Witcher 1 in time, can anyone tell me the important bits from chapter 3 to the ending? Right now I must disble 3 Salamandras bases, or something like that in Vizima and Swamps.
BTW, don't think I'm trolling Witcher 1, that game made me get interested in it's story, and I read the 1st and 2nd novel that were released in english.

Thx
---
-- Gaming Wallpapers made by Me -- http://biodio.deviantart.com
*Pokemon* HG FC - 3309 6928 9894 / White FC - 1764 1853 9902
#2Melchior111Posted 5/9/2011 6:53:46 PM
Ding6 posted...
Hello,

I have Witcher 1 and I am on Chapter 3. I stopped playing it a while ago because I got bored =x I still consider it a great game, but, so many loadings and the combate wasn't that great. I started playing it again a while ago, and I still enjoy it a little, but really, Witcher 2 looks sooooo much better, and I think it's one of those games I will be hooked for a VERY LONG time.
The thing is, I can't finish Witcher 1 in time, can anyone tell me the important bits from chapter 3 to the ending? Right now I must disble 3 Salamandras bases, or something like that in Vizima and Swamps.
BTW, don't think I'm trolling Witcher 1, that game made me get interested in it's story, and I read the 1st and 2nd novel that were released in english.

Thx

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Witcher_storyline
---
"The only piece of technology that can never be hacked is the trusty abacus" -- Oneligas
#3Slash_outPosted 5/9/2011 7:38:29 PM

Yeah you really should read the wiki and check out the most important quests. there really is a LOT going on.

But in a nut shell, and this is hard to do because there really is a lot plot wise.

Before starting my sumary of the plot, please be careful for new players. There is a LOT LOT LOT LOT LOT OF SPOILERS of TW1 AHEAD !!

SPOILER ALERT

SPOILERS OF THE ENDING OF THE WITCHER 1, PLEASE AVERT YOUR EYES IF YOU ARE NOT PREPARED !

In chapter 3, you start preparing to fight back against the Salamanders by making "powerful friends" by doing quests for them and attending banquets and other stuff Gerald doesn't feel confortable doing, among them is Adda the princess you saw gerald help in the opening cutscene (she was the warewolf) that looks really into dark stuff (and a LOT into sex and kinky stuff), she actually looks a bit too weird but you'll learn why later.

So you'll work those connections by doing quest for those people until you finally locate the Salamander's base at the end of chapter 3 and kill the professor.

There you'll be surrounded by Knights answering to the Adda girl you met before and as you found out in the Salamander's base she was working with them (and the professor), and she isn't happy you learned her involvement with them so she sentences you to death. But luckily you get teleported at that moment (forgot by whom, probably Triss).

The new area is a beautful place on the coast with islands and stuff like that, you are there with Alvin, I think Triss sent you there after she sent Alvin there, but not sure. You'll do a lot of quest there, the most I remember from that place is that there are two sides, the lady of the lake, and some other sea creatures and the weird sea creature wants to be the big kahuna.

I chose the lady of the lake (if it was possible to choose between them) and she rewarded me with an awesome sword "Aerondight" after a beautiful cutscene (which I watched twice because it was that awesome). At the end of the chapter, you'll be forced to choose between the Sco hiatel and The order of the flaming rose. The elves will have a whole village hostage, Alvin included, and the order is preparing to attack despite the hostages, and you are in the middle of the messn having to decide which side you'll help, and how to save Alvin.

You can fight for any side or not choose a side at all an stay neutral (which I did). During the big battle between the two sides Alvin will teleport since he is scared, and you never see him again.

I chose neutral, so in chapter V I had to fight pretty much every one I think. The main city was in flames and every one was fighting each others (and me). You'll have to help Adda (since her curse is acting up again even though she sentenced you to death) in exchange you get Salamander's last hideout and you kill there Javed.

And then the last chapter revealed (the epilogue) to you that the grand master of the Order of the flaming rose (which you met a couple of times before) was behind Salamander. At some point you get a fight against Siegfried where you can kill or spare him since the order is now your ennemy.

You learn that the grand master was using Salamander to build mutants using the Witcher's mutagen. the grand master was convinced he was in some holy mission or something. He had "visions" of the futur where humanity was dead so he built people "better" by making mutants so they could survive whatever happened then.

There you are teleported to some alternate dimension by him, which might very well be the futur, where the grand master tries to change your mind by invocing ghosts of all your friends while you advance on a linear path with the Grand Master at the end.

Then there is the final fight against him, which will lead you to a choice giving the Grand master soul to some kind of ghost entity that appeared just then. Apparently it was something that influenced everything the witcher did and it was acting all important.

You can give the soul to the ghost thingy and you avoid a fight, or you say no, and it gets p*ssed off and you have to fight it.

After yout victory, you use yout silver sword to finish the Grand master, just after he said something like "Wait... That sword is for monsters..." giving that much more meanin to gerald's choice of weapon.

There you get back to Vizima as if the world you were in was an illusion that disapeared, and you see near the Grand Master's body the amulet that Alvin had. My guess (and a very popular theory) is that the Grand master was Alvin, and that when you last saw Alvin, the teleport he did sent him to the past and not just somewhere else. Since it seemed the Grand master had time travel abilities. Explaining why the grand master seemed to know more about you than he should.

There are plenty of fact you kind find on the forums to explain that theory as well.

Well anyway, I planed to make a small paragraph of text, and I ended up with this gigantic post and it's not even a third of the stuff that happened.

#4Slash_outPosted 5/9/2011 8:42:26 PM

Oh, forgot to mention the last cinematic of the game (in full CG).

Gerald is rewarded handsomely by the kind with a full pouch of gold for his services. As gerald is leaving the throne room, he finds two guards dead, and he understand what is going on, and rush to the king while taking his sword out as to prepare for battle. The king was attacked by an assassin and Gerald is just in time to help the king. After a big fight which was pretty much even, Gerald wins by throwing the pouch of gold the king gave him at his attacker, taking the oportunity to cut the arm of the now dazed attacker and then finishing him off.

Gerald and the king now inspect the corpse of the attacker and remove his mask to reveal that he has the same eyes as a witcher (the kind of animal pupils Gerald has).

This part is a direct link to the Witcher 2 since it is named after all "The Witcher 2: Assassin's of kings".

#5erMonezzaPosted 5/10/2011 12:36:50 AM

Good explanation, m8.

TC, you should really finish Witcher 1 once you played Witcher 2... and after you finish Withcer 1 you play W2 again. ;)

cheers

#6Slash_outPosted 5/10/2011 5:54:16 AM

erMonezza posted...

Good explanation, m8.

TC, you should really finish Witcher 1 once you played Witcher 2... and after you finish Withcer 1 you play W2 again. ;)

cheers

Thanks, it was harder than I predicted before starting. I noticed there are tons of stuff you can't really talk too much about because there are simple meetings with people for example, or simple facts, and if you talk about them all you get a 10 pages long summary. And yet if you don't mention those you get holes in your summary.

For exemple I had to mention Adda the warewolf princess you met just once in a banquet or the part of her turning on you wouldn't have made any sense but I couldn't talk of the other meeting with the Grand Master.

Anyway, it really is a game with a rich story to enjoy while playing it :).

#7Ding6(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2011 7:06:51 AM
Thank you very much for that awesome explanation =D
I didn't finish Witcher 1 because the gameplay isn't that great, and in games, even if the story is epic (it is) I don't find it fun playing it, it happens to me sometimes with other games. Another example is the Dragon Age series, I don't like them because I don't like that gameplay, but I think I would like the story. One game I really like is Mass Effect 1 and 2, I like Mass Effect 2 more because of the Gameplay =)

Don't get me wrong, I really do like Witcher 1 (and the novels) and sometimes I go play it, but in short sessions =\
Anyway, thank you very much for that awesome reply =)
---
-- Gaming Wallpapers made by Me -- http://biodio.deviantart.com
*Pokemon* HG FC - 3309 6928 9894 / White FC - 1764 1853 9902