What Carries Over From Witcher 1?

#1ArjentoPosted 5/16/2011 1:19:54 PM
Do you think that Witcher 2 will even have the option to import from the original?

I would hope so as I've had it installed for so many years!
#2DarthPabsPosted 5/16/2011 1:20:48 PM
Yes this is confirmed.
#3Crimson PhantomPosted 5/16/2011 1:24:06 PM
Actually would be a great question for the CE owners (who can play now grrr) to answer

AFAIK

You keep your weapons, armor, some gold, some exp (I think its just a you start at level X with X bonus gold... not a 1-1 transfer from the previous game), and some other minor perks

But hey yes lets have someone who has the game answer this for us!
---
i7 2600k 4.5GHZ | H70 Hydro Cooling | 128GB SATA3 6GB/S SSD | 1TB SATA3 6GB/S HHD | 8 GB DDR3-1600 Dominator Ram | AMD Radeon HD 6970 | 850W Power
#4DarthPabsPosted 5/16/2011 1:26:01 PM
I've heard that there are 3 different prologues depending on how you finished witcher 1

SPOILERS
Depending if you sided with the order, the squirrels, or took the neutral path
#5Tiberius4327Posted 5/16/2011 1:29:32 PM
AFAIk, they haven't given a specific list as to what will carry over, they've just given some broad examples. I know they have said the most important choices you made in the first game will have an effect on the second (no specific examples, but they said people will react to you differently depending on what you did in the first game and they will remind you of your choices). They also said that the Raven armour will carry over if you got it in the first game. Finally, I've heard your swords and money will carry over, but I'm not sure if this is confirmed or just rumour.
---
Loyalty can't be bought at any price;
but it can be rented remarkably cheaply.
#6trunk8Posted 5/16/2011 2:40:20 PM
The only thing I've seen CDRP confirm is the Raven armor and bonus gold (what I read indicated you would start with more gold, not all your gold from TW), and your decisions from TW impact TW2 story. In fact, this article specifically says you won't get all your gold from TW because it would ruin the game's economy:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-12-17-witcher-2s-insane-difficulty-revealed

I hadn't heard anything about swords carrying over until today, and the link above actually seems to acknowledge that "some armor and weapons" will carry over.
---
-------------------------------
My go-to answer is "no"
#7trunk8Posted 5/16/2011 2:41:30 PM
*CDPR....sorry, dyslexia kicking in today.
---
-------------------------------
My go-to answer is "no"
#8Crimson PhantomPosted 5/16/2011 2:41:46 PM
The guy in the video stream said

Runes, Swords, and such

But didn't really go into details for me...
---
i7 2600k 4.5GHZ | H70 Hydro Cooling | 128GB SATA3 6GB/S SSD | 1TB SATA3 6GB/S HHD | 8 GB DDR3-1600 Dominator Ram | AMD Radeon HD 6970 | 850W Power
#9Isaac_RedfieldPosted 5/16/2011 3:24:09 PM(edited)
trunk8 posted...
The only thing I've seen CDRP confirm is the Raven armor and bonus gold (what I read indicated you would start with more gold, not all your gold from TW), and your decisions from TW impact TW2 story. In fact, this article specifically says you won't get all your gold from TW because it would ruin the game's economy:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-12-17-witcher-2s-insane-difficulty-revealed

I hadn't heard anything about swords carrying over until today, and the link above actually seems to acknowledge that "some armor and weapons" will carry over.

I don't understand how insane mode is supposed to work based off of that article. It says it was influenced by Demon's Souls, but in DS, you don't "start the game over from the very beginning" if you die. That sounds more like Hardcore for Diablo 2.

That article actually seems to state that you won't get any gold, but that was back in December, so things could have changed.

"We want to give the possibility to import some items from your inventory. Of course, not all because it impacts the game balance. Money, for example, we can't give, because the game economy will be ruined. But for sure there will be an option to import some weapons and armour."
#10DORIMACIAUSPosted 5/16/2011 3:34:38 PM
i wish my collector's edition was here
---
http://1l2.us/fL
want a game bad no cash try that link sign up do free offers lie about who you are get prizes no scam all you need is a place to send it.