I cannot enter the activation key that completes the install. Why?!

#1redness19Posted 5/17/2011 3:37:59 PM
I hope this isn't just me.

I installed the game but when it asks for the activation key, I can't type in anything. It's like my keyboard turns off. I've heard about CDPR servers being a problem. Is this one of those problems?
#2gman29100Posted 5/17/2011 3:44:42 PM
3. I cannot enter anything into the Product Activation Code fieldup
Such a situation may occur if a non-default text size (DPI) is used. In this case please restore the default size (100%).

"If the size of text (DPI) has been increased in the system settings then problems with the Configurator might occur such as flashing buttons, buttons overlapping each other etc.

If these problems occur, please return to the standard text size.
Windows XP
Rightclick on the desktop -> Select Properties -> Choose Display Settings
Click Advanced.
In General tab in DPI setting menu select Normal size (96 DPI)

Windows Vista/7
Open menu Start -> Go to the Control Panel -> Then to Appearance and Personalization - Display Settings.
From text size options select Smaller - 100% (default)
Save the changes"
#3GrungeePosted 5/17/2011 3:46:00 PM
The servers are down. From the official forums:

Dear Fans!

We ask for a little bit of your patience while we make some adjustments and optimizations to the servers hosting The Witcher 2.

Planned time of the downtime: 23:30
Planned downtime: 40 minutes

Problems that may occur:
- new users won't be able to register the game
- users won't be able to download the DLCs (lang packs, patch, addons)

Affected:
- all users

We apologize you for any inconvenience and will do our best to bring back the services working ASAP.
#4redness19(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2011 3:50:26 PM
@gMan

Is that a link to a known issues page? If so, can you link it so I don't ask known issues again.
#5gman29100Posted 5/17/2011 4:04:57 PM
It's on thewitcher.com
They have a big tech FAQ set up on there. Also the community tab there is giving up to the minute updates from the devs.