Unplayable lag on lowest possible settings?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
  3. Unplayable lag on lowest possible settings?

User Info: CL60

CL60
5 years ago#1
In fact, I get the same amount of lag on low, medium, and high.

Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 SE
5 GB RAM
AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+ 3.0gHz
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Opinion - A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof <--Reference for 95% of gamefaqs

User Info: 3hc0_L3ad3r

3hc0_L3ad3r
5 years ago#2
Try reinstalling your driver except leave out the Nvidia 3D stereo surround thingy. Been reading that's the cause of the bad fps for some users.

User Info: itzTony

itzTony
5 years ago#3
reinstall drivers, install latest direct x
Pokemon White FC: 5371-9958-4680 IGN: wSyont

User Info: g4pengts

g4pengts
5 years ago#4
This is a bit off topic, but isn't 5GB of ram a really odd value? What setup do you have that ended up with that?
Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.

CL60
5 years ago#5
g4pengts posted...
This is a bit off topic, but isn't 5GB of ram a really odd value? What setup do you have that ended up with that?

I dunno. I had 3 before I got Windows 7, and got 2 more when I picked up windows 7.
Opinion - A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof <--Reference for 95% of gamefaqs

User Info: Ramsus32

Ramsus32
5 years ago#6
I have almost the exact same specs and I'm running on high very smoothly. Is Ubersambling disabled and have you installed the beta drivers? I would do both those things.
"What'd y'all order a dead guy for?" Jayne Cobb ~Firefly
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/dbfq/Movie2.gif

CL60
5 years ago#7
Ramsus32 posted...
I have almost the exact same specs and I'm running on high very smoothly. Is Ubersambling disabled and have you installed the beta drivers? I would do both those things.

Yup. I have everything set to off. I don't know if this would help narrow it down. But if I'm standing still the FPS is around 30-40, but the moment I move forward or turn the camera it drops.

User Info: Ramsus32

Ramsus32
5 years ago#8
I don't know then sorry :(
"What'd y'all order a dead guy for?" Jayne Cobb ~Firefly
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/dbfq/Movie2.gif

CL60
5 years ago#9
I picked up the beta drivers, and it's still running like ****.

User Info: CastorT

CastorT
5 years ago#10

Same here due[QUOTE="CL60"]In fact, I get the same amount of lag on low, medium, and high.

Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 SE
5 GB RAM
AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+ 3.0gHz
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
---
Opinion - A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof

1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
  3. Unplayable lag on lowest possible settings?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived