Game to hard?

#1Xcon3Posted 5/18/2011 2:08:46 PM(edited)
too*

So this is a continuation of a topic that was previous deleted for reasons unknown.

Basically it is the discussion on whether the combat system is just really difficult to get used to or whether it is actually broken...

I haven't played it quite yet, but I have seen arguments from both sides and i am inclined to agree with the people saying that the game has a very high learning curve and the combat itself is not broken.

I have also been told the tutorial prologue is extremely difficult and doesn't really do a good job of easing you into the game.

I will be playing it today to get a better idea of what so many people seem to be complaining about.
---
Brawl Code: 1032-0922-1772 Brawl Name: D
RIP: Orlando of the Axe Karma: 1642 --he delivered!
#2Cmac4Posted 5/18/2011 2:08:21 PM(edited)
I dont think its "Too" hard normal and easy seem fine...Hard is definetly very hard, but imo "Insane" difficulty is broken lol, i honestly dont know how you beat it...I switched to it just to see how hard stuff hits and the little Nekkers do close to 80% of your hp a hit. And since as far as i know theres no New Game+ its not like you can start with a powered up Geralt.
#3NorwegicusPosted 5/18/2011 2:08:32 PM
It seem unfinished, i think.
Rolling and running away ony to do some magic before rolling and runing away again and picking off the one that leaves the group dont seem right, not complex or clever. I have problems enjoying fighting in the game.
#4Xcon3(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2011 2:09:49 PM

It seem unfinished, i think.
Rolling and running away ony to do some magic before rolling and runing away again and picking off the one that leaves the group dont seem right, not complex or clever. I have problems enjoying fighting in the game.

Is this absolutely necessary though? is there nothing you can do to micro manage the combat a bit better that doesn't involve just running away?
---
#5Cmac4Posted 5/18/2011 2:13:44 PM
So far on normal...Actually setting up traps and using bombs works to not have to just run away cast a spell and then run away more.
#6freestyler_85Posted 5/18/2011 2:14:33 PM

Norwegicus posted...
It seem unfinished, i think. Rolling and running away ony to do some magic before rolling and runing away again and picking off the one that leaves the group dont seem right, not complex or clever. I have problems enjoying fighting in the game.

well how far are you in the game ? Obviously you will acquire multi-enemy attacks as you level up. Until then use your wits and if you have to be sneaky about it and take them down one-by-one, than do it. You are a Witcher not Conan the Barbarian remember that!

#7jimmy1398Posted 5/18/2011 2:16:51 PM
Is this absolutely necessary though?

No it's not absolutely necessary. I'm managing perfectly fine on hard without resorting to those tactics. It's not easy, but then that's why it's called 'hard'.
#8Xcon3(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2011 5:49:37 PM
Ok, having played this game and got past the prologue very easily... (not on easy mind you)

It is apparent that the people complaining about the difficulty just aren't very good...

The combat is just fine...
---
#9Damien94Posted 5/18/2011 5:56:31 PM
My opinion is that those people who are complaining it's "too hard" or are blaming the system for being broken are people who are used to the recent trend of games to have overly easy combat.

Look at Witcher's direct competitor.... Bioware. ME1, ME2, DA, DA2; in every one of those games, if you played on Normal it was extremely boring combat-wise. Mainly because combat was very easy and overly-simple. So people got used to it. And it's human nature for things to "never be my fault", so they try to shift the blame instead of finding a solution.
---
"It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." --William G. McAdoo
#10FishermanFriendPosted 5/18/2011 5:56:57 PM
No the game isn't too hard. You simply have to play defensively. You can't just stand there mashing buttons and hope to win.

It reminds me of people complaining that Demon's Souls was such a hard game.

It wasn't. You simple had to play defensively. There is nothing hard about that.