witcher 1 saves

#1JosquiusPosted 5/19/2011 9:25:41 AM
I played and loved the first game and I note in this there is the option to import saves.
What do you get for doing this? Is it worthwhile?
I ask because my Witcher 1 saves, if they still exist at all (was a long time ago I played W1....) are on my old computer which is packed away somewhere and it would be a bit of an annoying faff to set it up again just get my saves from it.
Is there anyway to make the game so it incorporates your choices from the first? Anywhere to download old saves maybe so I can find one that fits my choices?- I collected everything possible, let the witch live and sorted the peaceful solution to the village, sided with the witch woman over the doctor (better able to protect the kid), cured the werewolf and....generally did all the quests and the best options and whatnot.
#2mrcivic88Posted 5/19/2011 9:57:31 AM
It may be worth it, but the fact that the economy is potentially broken due to the imported Geralt keeping all his money kinda ruined it for me. I just started a new character instead.
#3Zero1478Posted 5/19/2011 10:13:19 AM
If you look around there are a bunch of people uploading saves. I would provide mine but I wouldn't be able to provide an accurate description of everything included. I was thorough on my playthrough of Witcher 1 though so if you want it let me know. Also, if you are on Windows 7 64-bit you may have trouble getting it to import. I had to download a copy of the first game from GOG (since I don't have my disc, although I have the CD key...) but it was only five bucks. Hope this helps.
---
System Specs: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit, Intel Core i7-950 3.07 GHZ, GeForce GTX 470 (2), 6 GB Crucial RAM
#4GarudinPosted 5/19/2011 10:20:06 AM
mrcivic88 posted...
It may be worth it, but the fact that the economy is potentially broken due to the imported Geralt keeping all his money kinda ruined it for me. I just started a new character instead.

Unless you had to have a certain amount of money for it to do it money doesn't transfer over I had over 17,000 in my Witcher 1 save and I didn't start out with any extra money

What does transfer that I know of is:

-Raven Armor, this time it's just a chest piece not full armor

-Moonblade or special regular sword, which ever one you picked from huntmaster

-Signs

Think that's it besides story choices
---
Crowd: Free Tibet, Free Tibet
Peter: I'll take it, hey China I have something you want but it'll cost ya...That's right all the tea