At a crossroads...whom do I choose!!!???!!

#1HomedepotfanPosted 5/20/2011 8:42:30 PM
I cant decide on who to help! Iorveth or Roche! Does anyone know what will you miss if you choose one or the other? Will you not get to explore a certain area or miss some cool gear? I want to see Lorpedo go down but I know you end up in a different area if you choose the elf and wonder if you gain access to some elven gear?
#2Menace2SocietyPosted 5/20/2011 9:01:32 PM
its YOUR decision whatever you miss out on just do the opposite choice in a new playthrough.
#3DestructersPosted 5/20/2011 9:13:16 PM
The choice here will effectively create a split scenarios and 2 different areas/city in chapter 2.

If you choose elf, you will fight for equality of all non-humans and will be in the city of the drawf with Dragon Slayer Seskia (one of the best female char besides Triss). As for Roche, you join the douche-bag king.

So elf = rebel to defend the city, Roche = stupid king to attack and conquer. The choice is your.

Btw, Seskia really live up to her title as Dragon Slayer. If there is a match between her and Gerealt, she would win with ease. The most power character in the game with no equal.
#4giocarePosted 5/20/2011 9:15:22 PM
I chose the Iorveth path and Roche showed up later and was still friendly.
#5sunfy888Posted 5/20/2011 9:40:32 PM
thanx for tip destructer...

guess i will make a backup save and comeback for a second run..
#6Phazor58Posted 5/20/2011 9:48:12 PM
Destructers posted...
The choice here will effectively create a split scenarios and 2 different areas/city in chapter 2.

If you choose elf, you will fight for equality of all non-humans and will be in the city of the drawf with Dragon Slayer Seskia (one of the best female char besides Triss). As for Roche, you join the douche-bag king.

So elf = rebel to defend the city, Roche = stupid king to attack and conquer. The choice is your.

Btw, Seskia really live up to her title as Dragon Slayer. If there is a match between her and Gerealt, she would win with ease. The most power character in the game with no equal.

She loses to King Bensalt in a fight. Lol.
---
PSN: Phazor58 (Put gamefaqs/gamespot in the message or I will not add you)
Steam: Phaz (Augustus Caesar avatar)
#7jomonoePosted 5/20/2011 9:48:35 PM
Yeah, I chose Roche for the first time since he actually told me his plans unlike Iorweth and it really caught me off guard when I was forced to help out douche bag disgusting King Henselt. I kept on expecting an option to come up to kill him but no. Anyway, I went back and from what I have seen of Iorweth's path, I prefer it to Roche's.

Oh, does anyone know if helping to save the elven from the fire in Flotsam changes the story at all?
#8DestructersPosted 5/20/2011 9:53:39 PM
jomonoe posted...
Yeah, I chose Roche for the first time since he actually told me his plans unlike Iorweth and it really caught me off guard when I was forced to help out douche bag disgusting King Henselt. I kept on expecting an option to come up to kill him but no. Anyway, I went back and from what I have seen of Iorweth's path, I prefer it to Roche's.

Oh, does anyone know if helping to save the elven from the fire in Flotsam changes the story at all?

At the end of chapter 1 for elf, you can either save the elves's women hostage or kill that commandment. If you chose to save the elves hostage, you get a sex scene in chapter 2 and a kind of short cut to quarry (I like the cutscene since that elf is much better than any prostitute I have seen so far).

As for Seskia to lose to that stupid king, only if she didn't mind and use her full power, nothing can beat her, not witcher, NOTHING at least on 1 vs 1.
#9marcel1303Posted 5/23/2011 8:21:15 PM
Destructers posted...

I already did the elf path, but I have my doubts if the Roche path has many side missions, main missions and a big scenario as in the dwarf city. For instance, the chase of the dragons dream and the other ingredients, what would be a conterpart for a mission like that? Killing some elves? Put fire in corpses on the field?

If anyone put some names of the quests here, it would be a big help.
#10marcel1303Posted 5/26/2011 1:06:10 PM
I do think, of course, that is your decision if you do one path or the other. But, as far as i'm going the Roche path, it's far worse than Iorveth. Camp is booring, with plenty of drunks calling some pet (Odreeeeen!) every time you cross it, less challenging missions, less items and possibilities of crafting, and buying items. I found some counterparts that, perhaphs, someone could disagree:
1) Closed mines (vs) corpses on battlefield
2) Healing saskia (vs) lifting the curse of helsent
3) Gain very good steel sword from Cecil, or buy very good items and diagrams (vs) Gain very good armor from Henselt (not as good as you can buy on the dwarf city) and find some items here and there scattered around the globe (most are kadweni items).