The Witcher 2, with a x1950pro =]

#1TkatoPosted 5/21/2011 2:26:24 AM
The game runs quite fast on low settings using this card, but I get glitches like missing floors and such...
anyone experiencing these effects on other ATI cards? maybe even got around to fixing it?

Thanks!
#2supertrooper23Posted 5/21/2011 2:32:23 AM
dude get a new card for the love of all thats holy.
#3Tkato(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2011 2:43:18 AM
I'm a soldier, I Stopped playing PC games around the time I finished the Witcher 1, Once you go console there's no turning back.
I'm not interested in super graphics, just the continuation of this incredible story.

So... no one then?
#4ZiakelPosted 5/21/2011 2:55:37 AM
Get a new card man. X1950pro is a piece of brick. I actually went to console and I went back to PC after going through 360, PS3, and Wii. PC is just superior as far as control and graphic. The Witcher 2 is a very heavy game and you need to have decent hardware to run it. I got a 6850 and the best I can do is medium on 1920x1080.
#5Tkato(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2011 3:04:38 AM
That's because you run in it at high res... i'm not into the superior graphic thing, more into the superior games, and i'm sorry to say this, there are better games for the consoles, in both quality production and gameplay, sometimes even graphics.
The PC is dieing, i'll never throw 300 buck every few months just because a new game has zero optimization.

But, back to the question at hand, i'm full aware that the x1950pro is a brick, thou it's much better then the 7800GT it replaced, but it runs the witcher 2 on low quite well, and frankly, I can live with that framerate, but I need to get rid of the glitches... they occur only outdoors, in the dungeon scene everything is fine =\.
#6FrogtkPosted 5/21/2011 3:21:58 AM(edited)
Tkato posted...
That's because you run in it at high res... i'm not into the superior graphic thing, more into the superior games, and i'm sorry to say this, 1: there are better games for the consoles, in both quality production and gameplay, 2:sometimes even graphics.
3: The PC is dieing, 4: i'll never throw 300 buck every few months just because a new game has zero optimization.

1: False, proof? This. You want to play this, and the consoles don't have a version. They both(/all) have good exclusives and shared games.

2: False. Impossible unless it isn't on the pc, but then..how can you compare it?

3: False. The pc is actually enjoying a decent surge of success in the past few years and is doing better now than it has pretty much since the last consoles released.

4: Then don't. Throw 100 bucks, once, into your computer, and you can play games with it on your low settings for 3 more years, rather than trying to play 800x600 on lowest possible with your card now.

Zero optimization? That card is like 5 years old. You said yourself the game is playing, apparently ok other than the glitches, so to complain at this point...is well, a little much.

Good luck fixing your problems but you don't need to lie and make up stuff to prove your point. Until I finally built a new computer last year I did all of my gaming on consoles and still play most games on them other than MMO's and new multi-platform releases like bulletstorm, dead space 2 and other upcomers like the new Alice game.
---
PSN/Xbox Gamertag: Vortextk
#7hjalti8Posted 5/21/2011 3:35:12 AM

the x1950 is pretty much the same GPU the xbox360 is using so I would not expect much.

for 110$(newegg) you can get radeon 5830 which is probably about 4 times better than your card.

my bet is that you are not only GPU limited, whats your other specs? cpu,ram?

#8blazeluminousPosted 5/21/2011 3:39:21 AM
Tkato posted...
That's because you run in it at high res... i'm not into the superior graphic thing, more into the superior games, and i'm sorry to say this, there are better games for the consoles, in both quality production and gameplay, sometimes even graphics.
The PC is dieing, i'll never throw 300 buck every few months just because a new game has zero optimization.

But, back to the question at hand, i'm full aware that the x1950pro is a brick, thou it's much better then the 7800GT it replaced, but it runs the witcher 2 on low quite well, and frankly, I can live with that framerate, but I need to get rid of the glitches... they occur only outdoors, in the dungeon scene everything is fine =\.

Typical console gamer attitude and ignorance.
---
Good for the soul
#9nic1357Posted 5/21/2011 3:43:14 AM
Tkato posted...
Once you go console there's no turning back.

WTFFFFFFFFFF
#10nic1357Posted 5/21/2011 3:45:17 AM
Tkato posted...
there are better games for the consoles, in graphics.

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFF