Stuck in ACT 3 quest Encrypted Manuscript (SPOILER) Please help!!!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
  3. Stuck in ACT 3 quest Encrypted Manuscript (SPOILER) Please help!!!

User Info: thienthai

thienthai
5 years ago#1
Spoiler !!

Hi, in Act 3 I got stuck in this Encrypted manuscript quest. This is my second playthrough so I have created the sword before. The first playthrough I already got all the items,

On the second however, I seems to lack harpy egg/ Rotfiend tongue. I see there are rotfiends in the sewer and Harpies in the town /mountain I killed loads of them but couldn't get the item drop at all. Is it still possible to get the last ingredients?

thienthai
5 years ago#2
bumpy bump

User Info: zeroakuma

zeroakuma
5 years ago#3
I don't think so. All of the items have to be collected before hand.
http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/9544/55209049985dd4342fb1a07iu2.jpg
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/4464/1227663902457.jpg

thienthai
5 years ago#4
Damn, this playthrough is so screwed. I probably accidentally use it for alchemy ingredients.

User Info: ZeroDMC

ZeroDMC
5 years ago#5
Yeah the only creatures you encounter in Act 3 are Bullvores and Gargoyles. The sword isn't that awesome anyways, unless you have Runes it isn't better than the weapon you get from the Operator.

thienthai
5 years ago#6
that gave me an idea. I have a save before I respec (thus abandoning the Operator staff), so I could load than one up and kill him instead since my spec is might good anyway. What's operator staff spec? Does it have slots? I have more than enough money to put 3 fire runes in it.

User Info: ZeroDMC

ZeroDMC
5 years ago#7
It doesn't have slots, which is why I said unless you don't have runes it's better than the Manuscript weapon (which has slots). Operator Staff is a crit weapon, and thus unless you are built towards crit you may or may not like it.

thienthai
5 years ago#8
I indeed build towards crit in swordmanship spec. I don't have choice anyway if i want to get the perfect save game for the next DLC/ expansion with best gears. Think I will go for it, can't be bother to replay the game just for sword. I loaded back to chapter 2 and I still didn't have that missing ingredients. Not gonna bother with it unless there is mod to summon weapon.

User Info: Dnias

Dnias
5 years ago#9
You can still get harpy eggs by killing the harpies outside the city along the mountain tracks.
The End

User Info: AceMelo

AceMelo
5 years ago#10
You can get a rotfiend tongue by killing rotfiends in the sewer. I know this for a fact because I was in the same position as you. I just went down to the sewer, killed the 3 or so that spawn, left the sewer to meditate and reset them, then repeated until I got the tongue. It probably works the same for the harpies.
k
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
  3. Stuck in ACT 3 quest Encrypted Manuscript (SPOILER) Please help!!!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
trouble with inventoryzuko51411/15 10:40AM