noob questions- bombs, throwing knives, and mutagens

#1acdimpsPosted 5/28/2011 3:42:52 PM
1.) how/when do you make bombs, and what button throws them
2.) are throwing knives strong? How do you get more of them? Crafting or buying?
3.) what is a mutagen, is it a stat buff? Are they permanent, and can you un-equip them?

thank you so much
#2RekuntaPosted 5/28/2011 3:48:16 PM

acdimps posted...
1.) how/when do you make bombs, and what button throws them
2.) are throwing knives strong? How do you get more of them? Crafting or buying?
3.) what is a mutagen, is it a stat buff? Are they permanent, and can you un-equip them?

thank you so much

1) Make bombs in meditation, you need the crafting diagram and the relevant ingredients. R button to use them, tap it for quick release, hold to aim then release. Same with throwing knives or any item in your pocket slots in inventory.

2) Yea they're OK. You have to get them crafted at a shop,or buy them I forget.

3) I believe it's a stat buff, can't be sure though as I've been unable to use one so far. The manual says they're permanent, and you cannot undo them once applied.

#3RekuntaPosted 5/28/2011 3:50:02 PM

Oh yea, equip your bombs, knives, traps and such by holding control and selecting items in your pockets on the right side. There's no specific key for bombs, knives, etc, they're all R, just make sure you have the wanted item selected beforehand.

#4bs0ngPosted 5/28/2011 4:05:23 PM
You use mutagens through the character screen when you meditate. Some abilities have little circles under them which signifies you can use a mutagen. There should be a mutate option on the lower right screen and you can pick out which mutagen you want to use. I recommend you use only "greater" mutagens only since they are permanent.
#5JRGuitargeekPosted 5/28/2011 4:25:46 PM
Bombs and knives are under-rated really. People say this game is really hard, but with a hand full of knives or bombs, almost any fight is extremely easy.

SPOILER AHEAD...

Letho, for example, is easy to defeat with a handful of throwing knives. I can beat him in 5 seconds or less.

Of course, it's not really possible to have bombs and knives for every fight, but they sure can make the tough fights a lot easier.
---
"Old bear... He likes the honey!"