Can't level up?

#1Invader_SpoochPosted 6/6/2011 9:30:42 PM
Just started playing this game patched to 1.2. I already beat it once. I am in the prologue and just gained my first level...and it won't let me put the points into anything on the Witcher Training tree. It says I'm level 2 with 1 point available, but won't let me use that point!

does anyone else have this problem?
#2Raistlin354Posted 6/6/2011 9:32:08 PM
Playing on hard? Gotta put points in when you meditate. Frustrated me for a while too.
#3Invader_Spooch(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2011 9:35:16 PM
oh. that's pretty silly.

thanks!
#4ChunhwaPosted 6/6/2011 9:47:03 PM
You can only level up when meditating on hard? That's an... odd way to increase difficulty. Tedium, more like.
---
Flyyyin'... flyyin' in the skyyyy.... cliff racer flies so high.... flyinnn'...
#5craziii3Posted 6/6/2011 10:37:38 PM
Chunhwa posted...
You can only level up when meditating on hard? That's an... odd way to increase difficulty. Tedium, more like.

um, you have to meditate if you want to use your skills points no matter the difficulty :P
---
insert: something clever!!!
#6flagg2kplusPosted 6/6/2011 10:47:43 PM
craziii3 posted...
Chunhwa posted...

um, you have to meditate if you want to use your skills points no matter the difficulty :P

Not true. I play on normal in ch2 lv17 never used meditate to lv up. I only meditate to make/use potions.
---
Winning isn't everything, but it's the only thing that matters.
#7craziii3Posted 6/6/2011 10:56:12 PM
flagg2kplus posted...
craziii3 posted...
Chunhwa posted...

Not true. I play on normal in ch2 lv17 never used meditate to lv up. I only meditate to make/use potions.

hooo, thanks for the info. I had no idea until now. I only ever play on hard. and I am trying out insane atm, no idea that you can level up that way.
---
insert: something clever!!!
#8ChunhwaPosted 6/6/2011 10:58:49 PM
Yeah on normal you can just hit C and spend your talents on the fly.
---
Flyyyin'... flyyin' in the skyyyy.... cliff racer flies so high.... flyinnn'...
#9xsvrrxPosted 6/6/2011 11:00:33 PM
heh? I am playing on normal, and that is the only way to put points in... or did I learn it the hard way first.... oh well...
#10Thanatos2kPosted 6/7/2011 1:01:49 AM
Yeah on normal you can just hit C and spend your talents on the fly.

Seriously?

Well, whatever, not like the extra 4 second to sit down is some kind of massive delay.
---
-Thanatos2k-