[SPOILER] How to find Cedric; how did you know this ???

#1Something2DoPosted 6/7/2011 2:49:39 PM
Bit confused - so I couldn't find cedric after Tris vanished; I went looking everywhere even along the river. I finally got frustrated and checked a FAQ and it said I had to use CAT potion to see him/his blood trail.

I was standing right next to him when I drank the potion. I had always associated CAT as seeing in the dark (esp from witcher 1). How the freak was I suppose to know that the only way to see him was to drink CAT ????
#2ChunhwaPosted 6/7/2011 2:58:54 PM
Your journal tells you to use a cat potion to follow his blood trail. That said, I believe it is fully possible to find him without one. It's just harder to see the trail.
---
Flyyyin'... flyyin' in the skyyyy.... cliff racer flies so high.... flyinnn'...
#3keen7981Posted 6/7/2011 3:03:28 PM
It definantly is possible to find him without one. I've done it on both my playthroughs (because I didn't know about the cat potion). That said I was running around for about a half hour both times looking for blood spots.
---
You don't just defy convention, you defy warning labels...and common sense. -Real Men of Genius
#4OnallionPosted 6/7/2011 3:12:02 PM
I bet you just came from playing DA2, where reading the journal is meaningless. In TW2 it isn't.
#5tobas1qtPosted 6/7/2011 3:18:49 PM

Onallion posted...
I bet you just came from playing DA2, where reading the journal is meaningless. In TW2 it isn't.

yep that's me :) I actually started to read journal little later in game. I found him not through cat eye but thanks to medalion - blodspots were flashing like chests or loot, and from every blood spot after using medalion you could see 1-2 next ones.

#6anime295Posted 6/7/2011 3:28:55 PM
The first time I found him using my medallion.
#7ilove00vPosted 6/7/2011 3:29:39 PM
DA2 you just needed to follow the giant arrow on the map.. lol
---
Professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The worlds first analrapist.
#8olgert56Posted 6/7/2011 4:09:52 PM
Reminds me of a poster who couldn't progress in the Troll Trouble quest...Geralt himself said he needed to ask around in the city... I blame Bioware and Bethesda...
#9puenboyPosted 6/7/2011 4:51:56 PM
Use the medallion, and his blood will be hilighted. Follow it.
---
Snake: Liquid!
Liquid: Brotherrrrrrr!!!
#10PlanescapedPosted 6/7/2011 5:08:23 PM
I followed the trail by pressing Z.

Then I lost it and by sheer luck wandered right into him at the base of the tree.
---
The clouds pass... the rain does its work and all individual beings flow into their forms." The Book of Changes