The Gargoyle Contract quest, Chapter 3.

#1xontoPosted 5/20/2011 11:38:57 AM
I have purchases all the rune of power books but nothing in the books match the cryptic messages in the rooms with the runes. It is my last side quest so I am a bit hung up until I can solve it and I am just not getting it. I have searched and people just say "buy the rune books and they tell you what order to press the runes" but this simply does not help. Can someone please post an explanation of how to intemperate the data to know what order to press the runes?
#2xonto(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2011 12:08:42 PM
sigh... that should be "interpret the data". I really need to turn off that auto-corrector.

Anyway, bump.
#3PhearJugglerPosted 5/21/2011 12:25:32 AM
The one that I've found said "On the dark sky / the beauty of a falcon's flight/ faster and faster".

This meant hit "weather", "art", "animal", "time", as described in the books on runes. I'd imagine the others are similar. I'll be looking for them in the meantime, and will post updates here on any others!
#4PhearJugglerPosted 5/21/2011 12:33:10 AM
The next one, "Behold the comet/ It is like a wolf in times of scarceness/ An evil lullaby" means:
"Weather", "Animal", "Time", "Art".
#5PhearJugglerPosted 5/21/2011 12:38:54 AM
Finally, "Three field mice/ Dance in a circle at dusk/ Stars are like grain" means:
"Animal", "Art", "Time", "Weather".
#6y3kmanPosted 5/21/2011 1:07:07 AM
Meh, I never bought the books. Heck, I never knew there was a way to figure that out since I already solved two before getting the quest. I just tried all possible combinations.

4*3*2 = 24 combinations per room

My Geralt is one patient witcher. <_<
---
My aggression is composed of 10 grams of copper, 25 of zinc, 15 of nickel, 5 of shame, and 97 grams of pure malice.
#7vinhnt1Posted 5/21/2011 6:34:10 AM
help , i have broken 2 seals .
Was that the third seal in on the roof top of phillipa eihart house with 5 candles ??
how to solve that problems , i went there and got no action at all , anyone can suggest ??
also i got the note from the table with 3 pictures inside but that not help at all.
i really want to complete the quest , the first 2 seal was figured by my self :)) yeah
#8SaltySovietPosted 5/21/2011 9:56:32 AM
Taken from the guide provided by CDR. The combinations are randomized hence the two options given for each:

The correct combinations for breaking the seals:
Room to the left of the main city gate:
1) rune on the wall to the right from the entrance, rune on the wall to the right, rune on the floor
to the left and finally rune on the floor near the chest.
2) rune on the wall to the left from the entrance, rune on the floor to the left, rune on the floor
near the chest, rune to the right of the entrance.

Room to the right of the main city gate:
1) rune on the wall to the right of the entrance, rune on the floor to the right of the entrance, rune
on the wall to the left, rune on the floor to the left.
2) rune on the floor to the left of the entrance, rune on the wall to the right, rune on the floor
to the right, rune on the wall to the left.

Room in the ruins near the amphitheater:
1) rune on the floor to the left of the entrance, rune on the floor to the right, rune on the wall
to the left, rune on the wall to the right.
2) rune on the floor to the right of the entrance, rune on the floor to the left, rune on the wall to
the left, rune on the wall to the right.
#9vinhnt1Posted 5/21/2011 11:01:02 AM
well i only find the seal in the left of the main gate and in the amphitheater .
The right of the main gate seem did not have any seal :(
ok i'll check and see if it true , if i not mistaken if you took the right way of the main gate , it would lead you to a location of the quest poker face ???
it's would be very kind of you to post a picture with mark of the 3 seals :(
#10spirithawk12Posted 5/22/2011 9:42:20 AM(edited)
I am having a problem before I even need to worry about the runes. I got the contract right when I got into the city and I've killed quite a few gargoyles, but I have yet to see it say I have collected any information. About how many did people have to kill before they had collected enough info? I guess it's possible that my quest is just bugged.

Edit: Never mind I was able to skip gathering information by just opening the chests.