Best Equipment list

#11Sparda XPosted 5/21/2011 2:08:37 PM
Ah, yeah, you're right -- I didn't realize the Adda had a third rune slot. All this great equipment makes me wish chapter three was longer so we could actually get some use out of it.
---
Do not lend or make illegal copies of this post.
#12Merch507Posted 5/21/2011 2:09:28 PM
it may only work if the weapon has the buff or whatever
---
GT: Hazanko507
FC: 1805 9064 7312
#13HienLai(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2011 2:10:22 PM
All the DoT modifiers work normally. I'm not sure what is required to make monsters freeze/stun from the modifiers.
#14wegeePosted 5/21/2011 2:12:10 PM
It's a real shame that there is little left in them game to be done by the time you get these items.

There's just not enough stuff in act 3.
---
GO INDIANA HOOSIERS!
#15jgiddyPosted 5/21/2011 4:02:47 PM
Is the Collector's Edition armor just not that great? Its stats seem to pale in comparison but the blurb about it said it was one of the best armors in the game. Maybe it's not implemented correctly?
#16Zack3000Posted 5/24/2011 6:38:53 PM
Actually, Deithwen is probably the best silver sword in act 3 due to the +25% to large creatuers. It has a slightly lower damage then either Zekki and Addan and no fancy bonuses; but it still has 3 rune slots and considering who act 3 boss is, it probably comes ahead. Not that it matter considering act 3 is like 2 hours long anyway.

In any case, of the rebel path, it's right past the cave entrance you take to sneak into town at the beginning of the act, guarded by 2 giant spiders.
---
copyright( Aim Chat Associations
#17blue_devil_99Posted 5/24/2011 7:05:20 PM
I posted this in another thread, but thought I'd add it here in case folks want a list of equipment from Chapters 1 and 2:

Best Weapons- Chapter 1
1) Jagged Blade (Steel Sword)
Craftable - Buy Schematic from dwarf craftsman in Flotsam
Requires 15 endragea teeth; easily farmable in forest (more spawn in daytime for me)
Comments: Two rune slots, attainable quite early; with two fire runes this sword will eat through any human enemies in Chapter 1 and early parts of Chapter 2
2) Superb Witcher's Silver Sword
Craftable - Schematic reward from Endragea Contract quest (I think!)
Components are buyable from merchants- meditate to regen merchant stock if needed
Comments: One rune slot, also attainable early

Best Armor- Chapter 1
Kayran Skin Armor (+9 armor, 3 rune slots)
Craftable - Receive schematic and skin from killing Kayran Boss
Other components (hardened leather, robust cloth) purchasable from Flotsam merchants or found rarely in homes
Comments: 3 rune slots; schematic for Diamond Armor Reinforcements (+2 armor) purchasable from craftsman in Lobinden. +15 armor in Chapter 1 is ungodly.

Best Weapons- Chapter 2
1) Sword of the Dun Banner (Steel Sword)
Obtained from Crypt along with Dun Banner quest item - must answer wraith's questions regarding battles of Brenna and Vergen correctly
Comments: 3 rune slots. Again, 3 fire runes = amazing.
2) Robust Witcher's Meteorite Sword (Silver sword; 3 colors)
Craftable - Schematics are buyable from merchants immediately on starting the act! Meteorite ore is everywhere if you search homes/tents carefully.
Comments: 2 rune slots. Other silver weapons are findable later in the act but arguably aren't any better; this can easily carry you into Chapter 3. Pick color based on build (Sword- yellow, Mage- blue, Alchemy- red).

Best Armor- Chapter 2
Dragon Scale Armor (+17, Iorveth's path)
Buyable in Vergen from merchant, available immediately but price is 2.5k orens
(Name's) Armor (+16, Roche's path)
Found in cave beneath army camp (past where you find Orrin). You'll need to fight past some rotfiends and a golem but it's free and available from the start
(Name's) Armor (+17, Roche's path)
Obtained from Dethmold immediately before crossing mists into Vergen

Weapon Enhancements
Fire Rune (+5% damage, +10% incineration, +20% resistance to incineration)
Schematic buyable from dwarven craftsman in Flotsam. Found in haunted asylum quest in Act 1. My favorite as incinerated enemies sometimes can't attack/defend.
Comments: If following Roche's path, you may wish to purchase this schematic before finishing Act 1, as I had trouble fiding runes during Roche's path Act 2.
#18Zack3000Posted 5/24/2011 8:00:39 PM
You should probably mention hunter's armor since it's 10 armor base and you can get it so early it will be the armor you'll have for majority of act 1.

In regards to swords in act 2, at least on Iorveth's path, there are far better blades of both kinds. Both named, don't recall how I got them nor the names since I deleted the saves already. The steel one was something like Gwynheer or something like it and was pretty damn strong for act 2 (something around 40-50). I think I either got it during a main quest or perhaps after the runemaster murder quest. Don't recall the silver blade but it was better than the meteorite ones as well. I think I just stumbled onto it somewhere in the wilderness.
---
copyright( Aim Chat Associations
#19ZeroDMCPosted 5/24/2011 8:10:24 PM
In Act 2 the Dun Banner sword is the best steel sword available, BUT only in Roche's path. If you take Iorveth's path Gwhynhir (I think that's the name) is better and you get it from...I think Baltimore's Nightmare.

Act 2 silver swords, the best I would assume is the one that has Blood in the name, which I think you can only get in the Roche path, since if you take the Iorveth path Saskia will wreck the cave that leads to it, and I see no way to get the key to it before the battle at Vergen. Harpy was the blade I used in Act 2 on the Iorveth path but it seemed very weak in comparison, and the blade form Gargoyle Contract was a HUGE upgrade in Act 3 (like 30 dmg)
#20Isaac_RedfieldPosted 5/24/2011 8:38:09 PM
blue_devil_99 posted...
I posted this in another thread, but thought I'd add it here in case folks want a list of equipment from Chapters 1 and 2:

Best Armor- Chapter 1
Kayran Skin Armor (+9 armor, 3 rune slots)
Craftable - Receive schematic and skin from killing Kayran Boss
Other components (hardened leather, robust cloth) purchasable from Flotsam merchants or found rarely in homes
Comments: 3 rune slots; schematic for Diamond Armor Reinforcements (+2 armor) purchasable from craftsman in Lobinden. +15 armor in Chapter 1 is ungodly.

Not saying that's not the best armor you can get from Chapter 1, but you don't even really get it until Chapter 2 starts, so it's technically not the best *during* Chapter 1. The best is the Hunter's armor which you get the diagram from doing the Troll quest.