The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Act 3....Harpy eggs!?

#1TheS1cknessPosted 5/24/2011 3:30:36 AM
I am only missing the eggs to unlock manuscript...I know a patch where 4 harpies (well 2 harpies and 2 e...stronger harpies) spawn, what are the chances they will drop the egg I need?
---
Its not a Cryptopsy...Its a Craptopsy R.I.P
#2Artekus(Moderator)Posted 5/24/2011 3:41:13 AM
I don't think you can acquire them in Act 3 unfortunately. It was the one ingredient I needed too but never found it.
#3TheS1ckness(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2011 3:42:14 AM
I just farmed over 100 of them... no eggs... what do you get anyways?
---
Its not a Cryptopsy...Its a Craptopsy R.I.P
#4mathmothPosted 5/24/2011 3:45:10 AM
TheS1ckness posted...
I am only missing the eggs to unlock manuscript...I know a patch where 4 harpies (well 2 harpies and 2 e...stronger harpies) spawn, what are the chances they will drop the egg I need?

I practically exterminated the whole harpy race without finding an egg, maybe you get it by other means? In any case you can use a Rotfiend Tongue instead of the egg. If you don't have one go buy one of those Rotfiend lures of a merchant who is quite close to the sorcerer blacksmith. Go down to the sewer and place the lure (equip it in the inventory screen like you would with traps/bombs) and set it with the R button. Then meditate for 24 hours next to the lure and you should get interrupted by Rotfiend attackers.

Rinse and repeat untill they drop a tongue. You need to exit the sewers and meditate for a while before re-entering and repeating the process, otherwise the monsters wont show up.
#5KinmalPosted 5/24/2011 7:36:20 AM
If the patch is the spot in Loc Muinne, you DO get harpy eggs from there, just quick save before you initiate the counter before the harpys spawn and keep reloading until they drop.
Good Luck.