The Controls

#1Bruno_SardinePosted 5/25/2011 3:39:51 PM
Hello all. This game marks the first time I've used my PC for gaming, and due to that I'm having a tough time handling the controls. I'm used to a controller in my hands, so trying to use the keyboard and mouse is odd. On top of that, I'm left-handed. If only I could change the movement from WASD to the four arrrows by the number pad, I'd be a lot better off, but it wont let me change them. What can I do to help me adjust?
---
GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
#2The_Day_WalkerPosted 5/25/2011 3:49:47 PM
u can use a xbox 360 controller
#3olgert56Posted 5/25/2011 3:51:08 PM
I had trouble when I first started playing on PC. Now I can't use anything but WSAD. You'll get used to it eventually. Perhaps this wasn't the best game to start playing on PC since you have to be quite fast in it though. But you'll get the hang of it. I'm also left handed and I for me it's easier with WSAD...the positioning is the same as the arrow keys so you're going to be fine.

Also, did you try changing the controls from the launcher? go to "video and settings" in the launcher, click on "advanced options", then on the bottom you'll find "input settings". Click on that, and then double click the ones you want to change. You shouldn't have any problems as far as I know.
#4Bruno_Sardine(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2011 3:55:48 PM
I went into input settings and it told me the key (W, S, A, and D) could not be re-assigned. I guess I'll have to go buy a wired Xbox controller, since I don't believe wireless ones can be used right?
---
GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
#5AP3BrainPosted 5/25/2011 3:56:51 PM
Bruno_Sardine posted...
I went into input settings and it told me the key (W, S, A, and D) could not be re-assigned. I guess I'll have to go buy a wired Xbox controller, since I don't believe wireless ones can be used right?

That or you can use a ps3 controller with MotionJoy.
#6ala_carcussPosted 5/25/2011 5:40:22 PM

I consider myself a hardcore PC gamer, though I do own a 360 for use (mostly) as a media center extender.

I must say though, this game (like a lot of 3rd person games) plays much better with the 360 controller - especially the combat is much more fluid with the controller. Targeting is easier and even things like walking/running depending on how far you push the stick makes looting a lot better as well.

Even though KB&M is usually far superior in most PC games, there's a lot to be said in favor of analog sticks for a game like this.