why is this game so hard

#11GownoPsiePosted 5/30/2011 6:47:46 AM
Like others said - only the prologue and chapter 1 are somewhat hard. It's a cakewalk later on. Even on Hard.
#12TheGreatFear4Posted 5/30/2011 6:54:10 AM
I enjoy it being a good challenge.
#13CroftyPosted 5/30/2011 7:00:35 AM
I'm not one of those "u all suck so L2P noobs" kinda guys, but honestly, I haven't found The Witcher 2 to be particularly difficult, even on hard mode. I mean, maybe I adapted to the mechanics better than someone new to an RPG (I admit the tutorial might be lacking in focus for newbies), but I never died at the same spot so many times I felt the game was too hard.

It's funny because CD Projeckt name dropped Demon's Souls a few times in interviews as inspiration, and you can see that in some areas, but overall it's nowhere near as difficult as that game. I'd *hate* to see what people who think Witcher 2 is too hard would make of Demon's Souls if they ever played it. O_O

The only problem with the game for me is the lack of save-point before the Draug. My spec is alchemy, so I massively rely on potions on boss fights, yet I can neither meditate or save the game, so now I have to do 'that' section every time I die. Until they patch it I've ceased playing for now. But aside from that the game isn't too hard at all IMO.
---
PSN: UltimoCrofto
Gamertag: Darth Crofto
#14lYMICrazylPosted 5/30/2011 1:02:35 PM
^I hear you on that eternal battle part. First fight was annoying as heck. And the raining arrows was a bit annoying too but doable. At least you got an autosave before the Draug even though you still had to fight a few mobs without using Geralt
---
*Straps on some lollerskates*
#15iaosoirPosted 5/30/2011 1:03:50 PM
Get better. The game isn't that difficult.
#16i5750at4GhzPosted 5/30/2011 1:09:01 PM
You;re not using quen.
#17amioranPosted 5/30/2011 1:18:25 PM
Crofty posted...

It's funny because CD Projeckt name dropped Demon's Souls a few times in interviews as inspiration, and you can see that in some areas, but overall it's nowhere near as difficult as that game. I'd *hate* to see what people who think Witcher 2 is too hard would make of Demon's Souls if they ever played it. O_O

Demon's Soul is much more difficult, yes, but the combat mechanics are much better done and they are consistent. Witcher 2 is easy, instead, but sometimes given some faulty mechanics you do mistakes that aren't caused by yourself but by the system. This doesn't happen in Demon's Soul; if you do a mistake in that game is because you messed up somewhere.

In TW2 many times you do all perfectly well only (or in theory you do) to find out something goes wrong or it doesn't works as it should and you are "WTF?". So it is, all in all, a different type of "difficulty". Demon's Soul is really difficult, TW2 is more frustrating (and not in the sense of difficulty but in the sense of things not working as they should many times).
#18amioranPosted 5/30/2011 1:21:28 PM
i5750at4Ghz posted...
You;re not using quen.

Please stop advicing people to use that broken skill. It just breaks all the enjoyment in the combat removing all strategy from it.

Advice peopel lowering difficulty, advice them on how to approach fight, advice them to simply stop being noob if you want, but don't advice them using Quen because it is like advicing someone to get a "god mode" cheat to become better at the game. Do you understand the idiocy of a statement as that?