It's kinda ridiculous how much better Iorveth's path is compared to Roche's.

#1Id HyrenPosted 6/5/2011 5:43:26 PM
Jesus Christ it's so much better. Absolutely ridiculous. This is the problem with games where you have to make choices, it's clear the people who designed roche's act 2 had no idea what they were doing while Iorveth's team lapped it all up, tied in the REAL threat, and built on character development a lot. It's a shame that I picked Roche first, even though he is a total bro.
---
All the days of my life, ever since I've been born, never heard a man speak like this man before.
The Mars Volta
#2alison22000Posted 6/5/2011 9:15:10 PM
This will be my 2nd playthrough due to some problems I had getting pieces for armor crafting etc, and I played Roche's course originally, because I thought it would be more enjoyable playing honorably, but it turned out to be a nightmare.

I am a massive RPG fan and a Extreme Collector of PC games, and I always play the honorably way in games such as The Witcher 2, but I must admit, I am seriously enjoying playing Iorveth's Path this time, and your very correct with how much better Iorveth's Path is, compared to Roche's, considering the amount of quests, where Roche's path has almost half the amount of quests.
---
Live Fast, Fight Hard. Hustle, Loyalty, Respect.
by JOHN CENA (WWE Heavyweight Champion)
#3thunder_lipsPosted 6/5/2011 9:28:26 PM

You miss an entire Assassins of Kings questline if you go with Iorveth.

Also, the conclusion of chapter 2 with Roche was far more intense imo.

#4DragonivonPosted 6/5/2011 10:32:46 PM
I think this is the sort of game you really WANT to play through twice, because both Iorveth's path and Roche's path are necessary to get the whole story of what the **** is going on. And frankly, I like that. Not that Roche or Iorveth are either really the 'good' choice. Both of these guys are a huge experiment in grey and you would be hard pressed calling either of them a 'lesser evil'.
---
"The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese." (PSN: Dragonivon , XBox: Dragonivon)
#5PlanescapedPosted 6/5/2011 10:52:45 PM(edited)
Iorveth is the better choice for the fact alone that you get to help Saskia and the good guys defeat Henselt the Hog.

And Iorveth's path is more fun, has more story elements for Nilfgaard, The Lodge and the war in Aedirn.

Roche's path only has more story elements for Letho and the Kingslayers, as well as minor ones for Temeria/Redania/Kaedwen.

That said I still say Roche's path is better for a first playthrough, Roche's path supports Iorveth's path a lot. While Iorveth's path doesn't support Roche's nearly as much.
---
The clouds pass... the rain does its work and all individual beings flow into their forms." The Book of Changes
#6AP3BrainPosted 6/5/2011 10:54:46 PM
I think Iorveth path is the "more good" path but there is no way of knowing that when you have to choose. Iorveth isn't apart of the old sciotel and has different beliefs. He simply wants equal rights since that is probably the most that is going to happen and Saskia is his only chance.
#7DestructersPosted 6/5/2011 11:11:02 PM
AP3Brain posted...
I think Iorveth path is the "more good" path but there is no way of knowing that when you have to choose. Iorveth isn't apart of the old sciotel and has different beliefs. He simply wants equal rights since that is probably the most that is going to happen and Saskia is his only chance.

Actually, you do know about this at the end of chapter 1. Iorveth talks about his plan and his support for Saskia before you decide to choose.

I talk to both of them and then decide to go Iorveth's path.

There is really no good/bad, only grey area and how you choose is up to you. If people concern more about clearing their names and do whatever it takes, then they take Roche. However, if they want to help fighting freedom for non-humans, then they take another path. It is all up to your conviction on the path you choose. Not like blue - good and red - bad, lol.
#8Id Hyren(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2011 11:14:30 PM
my only complaint about iorveth's path is that it felt like you were fighting entirely too many harpies for a good amount of the chapter

thats it. it's better in every other way pretty much.
---
All the days of my life, ever since I've been born, never heard a man speak like this man before.
The Mars Volta
#9LordrvPosted 6/6/2011 5:39:59 AM
LOL! I must have killed 300 harpies in Iorveth's Act 2.
#10dragonslayr09Posted 6/6/2011 6:04:51 AM
So is it even worth it to do Roche's path? I finished Iorveth's path some days ago but missed a lot. Should i do it again?