I read all the books. Ask me anything about the Wild Hunt (spoilers).

#1xnmzxPosted 6/7/2011 1:32:28 AM
My knowledge of the wild hunt exceeds what you can learn from both the first and second game. Ask away.
---
Im climbin in your windows, im snatchin people up.
#2GreyfeldPosted 6/7/2011 1:34:44 AM
I read the first book and half of the second, but ended up having to put it down because all the political chatter was putting me to sleep.

I don't really remember much of what was written about the hunt.
---
PSN - Aevio
BlackMageJawa - "I'm on a Goomba."
#3blazeluminousPosted 6/7/2011 2:01:19 AM
So the Wild Hunt are just a bunch of elves from an alternate universe going around kidnapping people?

On a side note, can someone explain the backstory and reasons behind

1. Foltest's invasion of whatever castle in the Prologue
2. The blood curse in Act 2?
---
Good for the soul
#4TrisagionPosted 6/7/2011 2:31:58 AM
1. Aryan La Valette (with some noble supports) wanted to kill Foltest for defiling her mother

2. Henselt burned Sabrina in wagon wheel so before she dies she cursed him
#5y3kmanPosted 6/7/2011 2:32:00 AM
blazeluminous posted...

Seriously, did you even play the game?
---
My aggression is composed of 10 grams of copper, 25 of zinc, 15 of nickel, 5 of shame, and 97 grams of pure malice.
#6lYMICrazylPosted 6/7/2011 3:11:05 AM(edited)
blazeluminous posted...
So the Wild Hunt are just a bunch of elves from an alternate universe going around kidnapping people?

1. He wanted to retrieve his bastard children for the most part from his own mom who was keeping them. Also as someone said Aryan wanted to kill Foltest for screwing their mom.
2. So the king Henselt was fighting a war when his sorceress named Sabrina went crazy and decided it would be a good idea to rain fireballs on the entire battlefield to get victory but as a result she killed knights on both side caused shame to Henselt. So then Henselt decided to have her burned on some kind of wheel and she put a curse on him before he died. So yea the battlefield has a 4th level curse and nothing will happen until it is lifted.
---
*Straps on some lollerskates*
#7SungreyPosted 6/7/2011 2:08:24 PM
Why is the Wild Hunt kidnapping people? Are they performing experiments like aliens do with us?!?!
#8craziii3Posted 6/7/2011 2:43:57 PM
why did the wild hunt want yenefer?
why did they exchange geralt for yenefer?
why do they come to our world and kidnap kids age 10-21 and hang them from that tree in the viper school part of the world?
if the wild hunt are elves, how come they aren't helping the elves in geralt's world?
---
insert: something clever!!!
#9xnmzx(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2011 2:58:20 PM
Okay heres some back story without giving away too much detail that will be revealed in an expansion or the witcher 3:

In the alternate world where the Wild Hunt is from, there are no more humans. At first there were non humans and humans alike, but that all changed. In this world, there are also Unicorns. Yes I know it sounds stupid but this was also proven in one of the game's Hospital notes which described the memories of a patient which claimed to have been kidnapped by the wild hunt saying that he was in a world where "genocide occurs and unicorns walked over human corpses". These unicorns were powerful beings that had the ability to travel to different worlds. Well the elves of the alternate world (wild hunt) befriended the unicorns to do this. But somewhere along the road, the elves highly despised and decided to kill all the humans. So the world that the wild hunt live in have absolutely no humans.Well Unicorns were peaceful so they got mad at the elves but some of the elves got a hold of their power, but only partially. The only other way to cross worlds other than through Unicorns were to have a certain royal blood that exists in the alternate world....only problem is that the lineage of this royal blood is all dead.

Fast forward to Geralt and Yennifer. In the book they adopted a daughter named Ciri. Well turns out Ciri is a descendant of this royal lineage of elves who had the ability to traveled through worlds. That is why the leader of the wild hunt decided to find her. He kidnapps Yennifer in the process, but was unable to get Geralt. The plan was to kidnap them and lure Ciri. Well Geralt goes and saves Yennifer in exchange for himself and the leader of the wild hunt thought that it was better since Ciri never did anything when Yennifer was kidnapped. Through Yennifer, the wild hunt learned Ciri loved Geralt more. Thats why Geralt was taken.

...and then the leader of the wild hunt had better plans which i dont want to spoil. Anyway he lets geralt go but with amnesia to put his plans into action...

Remember these words when geralt regains more of his memory in the expansion or The Witcher 3 and the minute he mentions Ciri you will all bow to me.
#10ccctitan80Posted 6/7/2011 3:51:23 PM
lYMICrazyl posted...
blazeluminous posted...

1. He wanted to retrieve his bastard children for the most part from his own mom who was keeping them. Also as someone said Aryan wanted to kill Foltest for screwing their mom.
2. So the king Henselt was fighting a war when his sorceress named Sabrina went crazy and decided it would be a good idea to rain fireballs on the entire battlefield to get victory but as a result she killed knights on both side caused shame to Henselt. So then Henselt decided to have her burned on some kind of wheel and she put a curse on him before he died. So yea the battlefield has a 4th level curse and nothing will happen until it is lifted.

I would like to mention that Sabrina didn't go "crazy". The decision to rain fireballs down was a deliberate move on part of the council of sorcs in order to preserve the balance of power. i believe she actually employed the help of the rest of the council to cast that spell. When I say "I believe", I actually mean that I saw it in a cutscene.
---
Now instead of calling idiots "idiots", we give them the benefit of the doubt and call them intentional entertainers. -(TVEW on Trolling)