Worst optimized game ever

#1freest82Posted 2/27/2012 5:57:12 PM
Seriously what's wrong with this game? My computer can run any other game at high settings without any problems at all. But this one runs like complete crap. There is like constant stuttering every time you move. Good thing I only $10 for this.

My specs:

AMD FX4100 quad core 3.6 gig
8 gig ram
9800gt 1gb

Does anyone else have this problem with similar specs?
#2olgert56Posted 2/27/2012 6:32:40 PM

I don't know about your CPU but your graphic card is "quite" old. This is one of the most demanding games. Don't expect anything higher than medium, IMO. btw, the game is well optimized.

#3PaoksisPosted 2/27/2012 6:33:57 PM

thats cause other games' high settings are this one's medium settings....just play it on medium and it will look gorgeous

#4Pal 080Posted 2/27/2012 7:00:55 PM
lol get an up to date GPU and you'll understand the reason... Don't blurt out foolish statements without knowing what your talking about, that graphics card is ancient and hardly even meets minimum requirements.... but oh wait... it's optimization right...? Download some more RAM while your at it...
---
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"
#5link510Posted 2/27/2012 7:24:12 PM
Not to mention that Bulldozer is known for being crap and you got the bottom of the line (i.e, the crappiest crap). What resolution are you at?
#6freest82(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2012 9:01:07 PM(edited)
It doesn't matter what resolution I run it at, there is always this annoying stutter. For example, I can run it at 1680x1050 at high settings. It will run smooth for a second then stutter, smooth again, then stutter, then on and on. Reducing the resolution at 8000x600 reduces the stuttering by a small amount, but it still exists to ruin the gameplay.

Also, I know the 9800gt is an old card, but it is still remains to run all new games (except for this one) at high settings. I can run Crysis 2 and Alan Wake at high settings at 40 fps. No problems what so ever. I have no problems with any other game at all. Which tells me that it isn't my specs, as there's no reason as to why I should dish out another $250 on a newer card if there is only ONE game that doesn't run on it.

Also, the CPU is fine. I can run GTA 4 (CPU heavy game) at high settings at1680x1050 just fine.

This game is just terribly programmed. Even Crysis. When that first came out, it was considered a very demanding game. At least that game ran on my system.
#7freest82(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2012 8:59:58 PM
Pal 080 posted...
lol get an up to date GPU and you'll understand the reason... Don't blurt out foolish statements without knowing what your talking about, that graphics card is ancient and hardly even meets minimum requirements.... but oh wait... it's optimization right...? Download some more RAM while your at it...

Download some more RAM? Can't tell if this guy is joking or serious. Why would I need more than 8 gigs anyway?
#8olgert56Posted 2/27/2012 10:16:21 PM

He's just making fun of you for having that much Ram when everything else is outdated..

Also, it's your computer man. I'm sorry but that's it. Crysis 2 and Alan Wake, although they look great, are not as demanding as this game. That's a fact. This game was developed specifically with PCs in mind so it takes advantage of the hardware.

Try these anyway: Apart from lowering your resolution, try turning off Ubersampling (this has to be off at all times) and any kind of blur. Turn off SSAO.... Put Decals on medium or low and texture downscaling to low (try high as well). If you still get stuttering, turn everything off or low. If there is less stuttering with each step then it's your computer. Otherwise there might be some other problem, which I really, really doubt.

#9Joefatty2x4Posted 2/27/2012 10:31:34 PM

This game is actually pheominally optimized. You video card is very outdated and there's no way you're running any modern games on high with an FPS above 25-30. This is the best looking game out there right now, and it runs buttery smooth on my PC with all settings maxed out at 70-80fps. There are many, many ugly looking games that run a lot worse than this game and that says a lot for how well this game is optimized.

It's a brand new game engine and it's already been mastered by CDPR. I don't have a clue why you think you should be able to run as beautiful a game as this with good FPS and high settings... Medium-Low settings should get you around 25-35fps. No anti-aliasing, no light shafts, no motion blur, obviously no ubersampling, Near LOD, and nothing else above Normal.

#10Joefatty2x4Posted 2/27/2012 10:39:15 PM

olgert56 posted...
Crysis 2 and Alan Wake, although they look great, are not as demanding as this game. That's a fact.

Actually that's not a fact at all. I have two GTX 460 FTWs. I can max out The Witcher 2, with only ubersampling off, force 16x AF, and achieve 70-80fps. Running Crysis 2 in DX11, max settings, I get between 45-60. Alan wake on one card (since SLI currently doesn't work), I get around 30fps on max settings. With SLI working to a maximum, I'd get around 50-55fps. The Witcher 2 is quite a bit less demanding and far better looking than any other recent games.

That is what happens when a game is developed for PC. It's NOT the other way around.