How does this not have more attention?

#1teirPosted 3/29/2012 12:19:27 AM
I honestly think this was the best rpg of the year. It was just overlooked because of Skyrim. I love Skyrim but this tops it in so many ways. They did a fantastic job on this game. I love the npc interaction and seeing them go about their daily lives. Like at night I say a guy peeing on a bush. And how there will be certain groups that gather at various times. Everything about this game is just fantastic and impressive. I hope the 360 release will bring it more attention.
#2giocarePosted 3/29/2012 12:53:01 AM
It's had plenty of attention, there's just not much of an active community since there aren't any mod tools like in Bethesda games.
#3eldanonPosted 3/29/2012 6:42:53 AM
I agree completely, TC. I guess it's a combination of a low marketing budget with the fact that not that many people are familiar with CD Project Red. I hope the xbox version explodes and puts this game on the map because in my non-humble opinion this is the best game I've played in quite a few years actually.

Ok, ok, I'm biased because I've liked Geralt and the books for years but the game is just superb in every way!
#4Pal 080Posted 3/29/2012 10:06:10 AM
Skyrim and Mass Effect are good games to be sure..... but I really think this game takes a steaming dump all over those franchises! This game blew me away and it's really crazy to see it so low key (compared to those other titles at least). I hear people raving all over gaming forums about the lose of the RPG genre... well it's right here in all it's glory folkes... stop buying the biggest advertised titles!
---
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"
#5olgert56Posted 3/29/2012 10:14:51 AM

I would say it's pretty much because of advertising...Skyrim was advertised way too much, in every way possible. This was advertised by developer diaries and a few videos which means that unless you follow games and look for new ones there is a chance you won't hear about it. I certainly didn't hear about The Witcher 1 until almost a year after it was released.

#6dreamcleaverPosted 3/31/2012 4:00:41 AM
Well the protagonist is kinda terrible (personally Geralt annoys me), the combat system is dull, and the loot/inventory system is tedious.

Other than those Witcher 2 is pretty decent RPG and it has boobs.
#7teir(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2012 7:16:32 AM
How is combat dull? its one of the best ones I've ever seen in an rpg
#8csftarPosted 3/31/2012 9:28:38 AM

Cause, unlike Skyrim, you can't t-bag your enemies for the lulz

#9VanderZooPosted 3/31/2012 8:31:50 PM
I think the obvious answer is that it was a PC exclusive. How can it hope to get as much attention as a multiplatform game?
---
Take my blood for example, I wish someobody would - this stuff is killing me!
#10craziii3Posted 3/31/2012 9:02:56 PM
you know a AAA game have 100 mil for game development + another 100 mil for promotion. witcher 2 had almost non existent promo budget. I remember seeing a full page ad for 2 days and nothing else any where :P they needed a better publisher.
---
insert: something clever!!!