Oh my god...

#1CaptainScrubbyPosted 3/29/2012 9:55:36 AM
I wanted to love this game, I really did, but it's impossible to love. It's like they took every bad idea they could and rolled it into one horrible game. Quick time events, timed responses that sometimes require lightning fast reading and selection of your options, shoddy controls that are frankly clunky and all together terrible. And for all the hype about the graphics, the game is full of appallingly ugly 2d textures and graphical clipping, one of the first things you see is a main character standing with his hilted mace clipping into the wall, and Geralt's hair and amulet clip through his body and collar.

I don't understand how a game like this gets made. This game is terrible, an insult to Witcher fans everywhere, frankly it never should have been released.
#2MBO-SephyPosted 3/29/2012 9:57:32 AM
Troll topic, move along folks. :3
#3CaptainScrubby(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2012 10:04:27 AM
No, I'm completely serious, if you're a fan of The Witcher how are you not insulted by this game?

Is the game not full of ugly 2d textures that contrast horribly against the 3d overbloomed overshadowed settings? Does the game not have clunky controls? Does the game not have quick time events and timed responses? Is the combat not clunky in general?

Correct me where I'm wrong, if I'm wrong at all.

The Witcher deserves better than this game and so does it's fans, don't defend garbage just because of the brand.
#4zzehPosted 3/29/2012 10:08:28 AM
Board User Level 15: New User (1) nuff said
#5skrillaloverPosted 3/29/2012 10:09:57 AM

did you play the same game?

the timed responses are so you have to make a split decision much like geralt actually would have to do. that way you dont alt tab out to look it up in a guide.

i think the controls are perfect, i havent had a problem yet.

and i dont notice the textures you are talking about although i will take a look next time i play.

#6VojtassPosted 3/29/2012 10:13:48 AM

@OP

The game is not terrible. YOU are terrible. Bye

#7CaptainScrubby(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2012 10:17:05 AM
skrillalover posted...
did you play the same game? the timed responses are so you have to make a split decision much like geralt actually would have to do. that way you dont alt tab out to look it up in a guide. i think the controls are perfect, i havent had a problem yet. and i dont notice the textures you are talking about although i will take a look next time i play.

Ok first the timed responses are a stupid and terrible idea because you have to read them and manually select them. You hardly have time to see what the options are much less consider them some of the time, and you know that's true.

The controls are perfect? Are we playing the same game? Geralt tends to overstep what you're interacting with, looting and inventory are a complete mess, and god help you if you want to use a gamepad. How could you say the controls are perfect, just how low is your standard for perfect? You've never had any problems with the clunky combat? Never had any problems targeting what you want to loot are interact with? Are you kidding?

And you didn't notice all the flat 2d plants and crap throughout the game? It looks like Skyrim, only there are graphical mods for Skyrim to make it look better. I'm not sure if we are playing the same game, because the game I'm playing is a right insult to Witcher Fans.
#8CaptainScrubby(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2012 10:18:05 AM
At least I'm presenting a case and argument, as opposed to "you're bad" and "level 15 nuff said"
#9BMXJousterPosted 3/29/2012 10:33:28 AM
CaptainScrubby posted...
At least I'm presenting a case and argument, as opposed to "you're bad" and "level 15 nuff said"

Your "case and argument" is flawed and inflammatory. It's obvious you're trolling and not worth responding to.
---
"I gotta be really careful while shadowboxing though because if I do it enough eventually I'll just defeat the air and then everyone will suffocate."
#10CaptainScrubby(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2012 10:49:02 AM
If it's flawed you should be able to point out something I said that is demonstrably false, and any comment can be considered inflammatory, especially if it's critical.

Shall we ban all critical commentary on the basis that it's inflammatory? I'm a fan deeply disappointed by a game which I had to purchase a new computer to play. But notice how rather than focusing on the game or discussions about the game, you're focusing on me and discussions about me.

I'm not the topic, the game is.