With upcoming edition in mind, what is the default difficulty?

#1IamChaChaPosted 4/4/2012 9:51:30 AM(edited)
I've heard this game was fairly difficult. This is most pleasing to me. Only,is it safe to play on normal, or is it on a level or two higher where it actually gets as difficult as the reviewers say?

I want to save the more challenging runs for subsequent playthroughs. But I've been led to believe that the upcoming edition has a few changes with difficulty like more explanations in the tutorial etc. I want to know if the enhanced edition's default difficulty is still in tact in lieu of the changes.
---
If Jimmy's mom had four children, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, what is the fourth ones name?
#2MBO-SephyPosted 4/4/2012 10:02:27 AM
The most overpowered of your resources, the Quen sign, is getting once again nerfed in the EE update.

I believe Normal will still be indeed the default difficulty.
Especially considering that I died in two to four hits in Hard...and fighting against 8+ enemies at once, you can get hit 4 times in less than a second. :P
#3AklisPosted 4/6/2012 6:05:05 PM
The reason the original game was difficult (only really in the beginning of things) is because Geralt was very weak, lacking a great deal of moves and skills which not at all made sense considering that the second game picks up shortly after the first game, which ends with this amazing display: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G86RDKdvw-M

Considering the setting (being that of a peaceful situation where Geralt has just been rewarded for his actions in the game), we can assume that he hasn't got any potions running, either.
#4zzehPosted 4/6/2012 11:03:24 PM
Aklis posted...
The reason the original game was difficult (only really in the beginning of things) is because Geralt was very weak, lacking a great deal of moves and skills which not at all made sense considering that the second game picks up shortly after the first game, which ends with this amazing display: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G86RDKdvw-M

Considering the setting (being that of a peaceful situation where Geralt has just been rewarded for his actions in the game), we can assume that he hasn't got any potions running, either.

every sequel game you start you lose all the skills you have in previous game. so for you it would be better to just have all these skills in beginning and just rush through the game with no challenge ? if thats the case then dl the trainer and have all skills right away...

are you just so whiny about this game or every game in general coz its getting funny as hell :D
#5WhitebloodsunPosted 4/7/2012 12:17:46 AM

Aklis posted... The reason the original game was difficult (only really in the beginning of things) is because Geralt was very weak, lacking a great deal of moves and skills which not at all made sense considering that the second game picks up shortly after the first game, which ends with this amazing display: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G86RDKdvw-M

Yeah, same as ME2. Or any other sequel game that matters.

Could you pease show me an RPG sequel game that let us retain every powerful moves and powers that we have in the prequel and use it as early as in the beginning of the sequel?

#6castvaniaPosted 4/7/2012 11:38:38 PM
Batman: Arkham City says hello.

He starts off with 5 or 6 gadgets he collected from Arkham Asylum.
---
Gamertag - Simon Belm0nt
#7zzehPosted 4/8/2012 2:18:14 AM
castvania posted...

thats not skill, thats equipment... you also start witcher 2 with a sword and armor from witcher 1 if you load the game
#8WhitebloodsunPosted 4/8/2012 4:15:08 AM
castvania posted...

You do know there's a difference between skills, moves, and equipment.

Besides, I said "Could you please show me an RPG sequel game"

Last time I check, Batman: Arkham City wasn't an RPG game. Did they change it or something? Hrm, I'm a bit confuse by now.
#9MBO-SephyPosted 4/8/2012 7:46:06 AM
I think there's an NPC in Flotsam or somewhere that even comments on how Geralt "burned through" his 5k gold he got from Foltest at the end of TW1.
#10sky8246Posted 4/8/2012 8:15:34 AM
How about the .hack GU series? You always retain everything you got in the previous game. So, if you maxed you level (50) in GU1, you start on that level, with all your equipment and stuff available. And could now level up to 100, find even better stuff and so on.

While it's more normal to not do it like that, it's still possible.
Usually characters get set back to level1, so that developers can easier recycle. Take Mass Effect. How many techniques are generally recycled after the first game? Although in ME's case they could also just add a few more possible levels for all skills. Though people would probably think "that's lame" a lot more. Although it's not much different from what they did anyway.