Where are my save files?

#1Craigt1989Posted 5/2/2012 9:30:30 AM
I got an SSD and I changed the documents folder over to a normal hard drive, my saved games are in a folder in my documents called, witcher 2, gamesaves, but when I start up the witcher 2 i cant load any of them, there not on the list.

So I started a new game and saves it, the saves are not in that folder, I have no clue where they are, my copy is a steam copy, does anyone know where my saved game files are?
---
CM HAF 912 | i5 2500K | 8GB DDR3 RAM | 120GB Intel SSD, 1TB & 750GB Samsung Spinpoint F3's | MSI Twinfrozr II GTX 560ti | Windows 7 64 Bit | LG 1920 X 1080
#2CYBORG112Posted 5/2/2012 1:04:09 PM
Craigt1989 posted...
I got an SSD and I changed the documents folder over to a normal hard drive, my saved games are in a folder in my documents called, witcher 2, gamesaves, but when I start up the witcher 2 i cant load any of them, there not on the list.

So I started a new game and saves it, the saves are not in that folder, I have no clue where they are, my copy is a steam copy, does anyone know where my saved game files are?

Its because your steam copy is using steam cloud for savegames. To make it detect your savegames in the Witcher 2 savegames folder located in My Documents, just do this

Go to
Documents - Witcher 2 - Config

Open "User.ini" with notepad and change this line from
CloudStorage=true
to
CloudStorage=false

Save the changes and then check your game to see if its now detecting your savegames.
#3AngusYoung93Posted 5/2/2012 6:10:42 PM

Go to
Documents - Witcher 2 - Config

Open "User.ini" with notepad and change this line from
CloudStorage=true
to
CloudStorage=false

Save the changes and then check your game to see if its now detecting your savegames.

I don't think that works. The game will automatically check if you have anything on the Steam Cloud and then switch CloudStorage to true. I could be entirely wrong, but I *think* that's the case. I had a huge problem with the game not replacing old saves. I lost a good 2 hours of progress because the game wasn't saving when it said it was. I ended up having to intentionally cause a sync conflict and delete everything on the cloud just to get the game to go back to using the gamesaves in My Documents.

Anyway, TC, your current game saves are in Steam/userdata/(your user id)/20920
---
The integral sec y dy/ From zero to one-sixth of pi/ Is the log to base e/ Of the square root of three/ Times the sixty-fourth power of i