Constant crashes straight to desktop

#1killerdestroyerPosted 6/14/2012 7:28:46 PM(edited)
Has happened 4 times today. It gives me no error pop ups or anything, the game just simply closes to desktop.

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
8GB RAM
AMD FX-8120 Eight Core Processor 3.1 GHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti

All my drivers are up to date. The Witcher 1 crashed alot like this too, but it gave error pop-ups. These are the only games that's done this. Another more recent game i've played is Diablo 3, for a reference, and i've had no problems from it crashing.

Anyone know what the problem is?
---
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/theRMshow
Clannad- A show that will make you cry no matter who you are.
#2CYBORG112Posted 6/15/2012 3:20:30 PM(edited)
First of all before i suggest a fix to you, may i ask you why the hell you have 8GB of RAM and a 32-bit Operating System?, i hope you are aware that a 32-bit Operating System cannot use more than 3.25GB of RAM.. So basically you have wasted money on 8GB RAM and you cant even use all of it. Get yourself a 64-bit Operating System and make use of all that RAM.

Now onto the fix, i think this is a problem with Large Address Aware, its probably too low for the game so you need to set it higher, you woudn't have this problem if you were in a 64-bit Operating System. But basically to uppen the Large Address Aware thing just do this

Start - Type in "cmd" without quotes then hit enter - Now you should be in the "Command Prompt".

In the Command Prompt type this in exactly as you see it then hit enter

bcdedit /set increaseuserva 3072

Now restart your computer and see how that went. This fix, fixed the crashing issue for the first game as well in 32-bit Operating Systems so it might just work for this second game too.

If that doesn't fix the issue however, then lets see what else could be causing these crashes.
A: Do you have any applications running in the background that could possibly conflict with the game? Anti-Viruses/Scanners/Defrag/TempMonitors/Overlays, etc.
B: How are your temperatures when playing the game?
C: When you updated drivers did you properly uninstall the old drivers using Driver Sweepers in safemode?
#3FrozenPotatoPosted 6/24/2012 8:17:26 PM
killerdestroyer posted...
Has happened 4 times today. It gives me no error pop ups or anything, the game just simply closes to desktop.

8GB RAM

All my drivers are up to date. The Witcher 1 crashed alot like this too, but it gave error pop-ups. These are the only games that's done this. Another more recent game i've played is Diablo 3, for a reference, and i've had no problems from it crashing.

What settings are you running I am curious because I also have an Fx-8120 @ 3.9 Ghz and I don't get crashes
#4Dude_bagPosted 6/24/2012 11:57:08 PM
lulz get a beter comp nub
#5killerdestroyer(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2012 7:29:53 PM(edited)
FrozenPotato posted...

8GB RAM

What settings are you running I am curious because I also have an Fx-8120 @ 3.9 Ghz and I don't get crashes

Autodetected it to run on High-Normal i think, and went with that.

I did notice, however, that things took up alot of physical memory, and i mean alot of it.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z309/iluvdatbuckethead/Processes.png

Screenshot of what i mean. I highly doubt those programs should be taking that much space. I don't know what is causing it.

It has gone up to 61% or more too with just those things running and nothing more.
---
#6FrozenPotatoPosted 6/26/2012 11:50:17 PM
FrozenPotato posted...

8GB RAM

I did notice, however, that things took up alot of physical memory, and i mean alot of it.

Screenshot of what i mean. I highly doubt those programs should be taking that much space. I don't know what is causing it.

It has gone up to 61% or more too with just those things running and nothing more.

I opened up a few internet tabs and got the approx the same memory usage about 118KB (using firefox). Also I agree with the other guy you have 32 bit operating system which means it doesn't matter how much memory you put onto the board you will still have less than 4GB (that is probably why your at 61% usage with a few things running). If you are having a memory problem then upgrading to an operating system 64 bit edition will allow your comp to make use of the 8GB you installed and likely fix the problem.
#7killerdestroyer(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2012 12:50:51 PM
FrozenPotato posted...
FrozenPotato posted...

8GB RAM

I opened up a few internet tabs and got the approx the same memory usage about 118KB (using firefox). Also I agree with the other guy you have 32 bit operating system which means it doesn't matter how much memory you put onto the board you will still have less than 4GB (that is probably why your at 61% usage with a few things running). If you are having a memory problem then upgrading to an operating system 64 bit edition will allow your comp to make use of the 8GB you installed and likely fix the problem.

Reason for that was because i was asking around for the cheapest computer that could run most stuff and i was linked to that. No one told me this and i didn't know before hand, but unfortunately at the moment i can't afford to upgrade that right now.
---