Just got mine!

#1AladrinPosted 7/28/2011 2:52:42 AM
I just got my Cyberbike a couple days ago. I tried it out yesterday for the first time.

The game is, predictably, a little lame. You pilot a vehicle (some scifi bikes) over a preset path and pick up pollution. It times you, and you get more points for doing it quickly. Some of the turns are a little tricky and you have to actually slow down... But for the most part, you just peddle.

You can actually steer a bit by turning the physical handlebars. In fact, you have to, to pick up the trash and avoid obstacles.

You earn points at the end of each round, and there are several levels of unlocks for each round. So far I've earned a couple different avatars (color changes only) and a couple accessories for the bike, and unlocked some other levels.

The first round starts at a 40 second target. The second was 2 minutes. I didn't play past that yet.

So far, I think it's good value for the money. Despite my being very close to the maximum weight for the machine, it seems pretty stable! The game asks for you weight, but the maximum it allowed was quite a lot less than the machine is rated for. Oh well.

There is a tension adjustment for the peddles. I cranked it up to the maximum and it's still not as hard to peddle as a real bike. That's probably my only real complaint so far.
---
It better than next-gen, but not quite current. - Lord XIII
Why didnt my parents wear protection that night? WHYYYYYYYY??? - Dan :-(
#2Aladrin(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 2:54:56 AM
Oh, I haven't used it to play Mario Kart or anything... I don't really plan to, though.

I did notice that the plug for the cord looks like a USB plug on the bike's side, so I've emailed the company asking if it can be used as a USB HID device on a computer. Hopefully the answer 'yes', or if I try it, it'll just work. That opens some some more possibilities for exercise fun, and even for writing my own stuff to play with.
---
It better than next-gen, but not quite current. - Lord XIII
Why didnt my parents wear protection that night? WHYYYYYYYY??? - Dan :-(