Pet/Animal Information

#1HmoobthorPosted 9/13/2011 9:31:31 AM
SPOILER ON PET/ANIMAL!!

Stop reading if you don't wanna know about them..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who are intersted ...read on as I found just a few info and try searching on the board here without much. This is just a small info and I don't know how to obtain them until the game is release in USA.

So some people know that there is some new pet or animal in this game which I look forward to .

-- Alpaca - its wool are good money and supplie such as cheese...come in different color
- Honey Bee - you have some beehive so that bee can come make honey for you ..ya!!

- Pet owl.... to be use when you go into the mountain and need to return to town quickly so you can to bed or town.

Another one ...i really miss in the harvest moon seires was the POND!!

Yes the pond...OMFG ..how I miss HM:BTN.

Catch fish and rise them in your pond to be use and sell of course!!! WOOOT!!

- Horse: Comes in Different color and form... Uses is to pull your wagon and don't need to be feed or talk to get hearts.
#2EspermanPosted 9/13/2011 10:10:45 AM
The Alpaca's for sale in I believe Jessica's shop in the fall of year 1, I think...

Let me elaborate on the bee... You gather honeycombs (They'll be exactly like the ones found in GB...) and then "seed" them into bee boxes (Beehives...) that you can get built by the game's constructor (Eilene, I think that's how it was spelled...), but before you have a bee box built, the only thing you can do (I'd assume...) is ship them or turn the honeycombs into honey via a maker (Assuming the maker recipe for honey hasn't changed from GB...), though I assume that by the time you get the maker, you'll have at least one bee box...

The bee boxes (Once "seeded"...) will produce honey every day (Once a day...) and must be reseeded every year as I guess the bees die, or leave the hive, after or during winter... (I know they produce honey in the spring, summer, and fall, but I can't remember if they produce them in the winter...) And from the item list, there are different varieties of honey that the bees can produce... I've heard people talking about using perfume bought from Cam on the bee boxes, so I assume that's how you produce (Or have the bees produce...) a few of the different varieties of honey...

As for the fish pond, yeah, you essentially catch fish (Bare-handed or with the fishing rod...) from the rivers and use the pond to help them grow... I dunno how exactly this works, but I assume that you can catch the small (Regular...) varieties of fish and then use the fish pond to turn them eventually into their large counter parts... (Most types of fish have a regular and a large variety, so I assume the fish pond allows the regular variety you catch to turn into their large counterparts...)

The horse comes in three different tiers all bought from Kana or whoever sells them in Bluebell... Dunno what the difference is between the second tier and third tier... The first tier (The one you get automatically if you live in Bluebell, and maybe Konohana as well...), AKA the Pony, cannot jump while the two other types can...

The two other types also move faster than the Pony... Though I dunno the difference in speed and jump between the two higher tier horses... The highest tier (The Draft horse, I think it's labeled...) costs twice as much as the middle tier, so I assume there is a noticeable difference between those two tiers other than aesthetics... (I assume the Draft moves faster and can jump higher/further than the second tier...)
---
You know its odd... I really can't get the phrase "Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu-sen Ama Kakeru Ryu no Hirameki" out of my head... Maybe its just me... :(
#3CherubaePosted 9/13/2011 2:24:10 PM
Hmoobthor posted...
- Horse: Comes in Different color and form... Uses is to pull your wagon and don't need to be feed or talk to get hearts.

The horse doesn't have hearts at all.

Esperman posted...
The Alpaca's for sale in I believe Jessica's shop in the fall of year 1, I think...

Year 2 or later

... or turn the honeycombs into honey via a maker...

Nope. You can't process the honeycombs into honey. Only the bees can do so.

The bee boxes (Once "seeded"...) will produce honey every day (Once a day...)...

I wish. Bees only produce honey once per week.

As for the fish pond, yeah, you essentially catch fish (Bare-handed or with the fishing rod...) from the rivers and use the pond to help them grow...

The fish you put in the pond must be all of the same type species (all Small Bluegilll, all Large Black Bass, etc.). The pond is used to raise the star rank of the fish inside of it.

AKA the Pony, cannot jump while the two other types can...

None of the horses can jump. The main difference between them is the speed at which they run when they have a horse cart attached to them. If you are riding bareback, they all run the same speed (although the pony's legs move faster, so it looks like it runs faster).
---
Ushi No Tane, covering Harvest Moon and River King
- http://www.fogu.com/hm
#4EspermanPosted 9/13/2011 2:47:43 PM
Year 2 or later

Ah okay... Nevermind that... I was thinking year 1 or year 2... Though I remember someone said something about the fall...

Nope. You can't process the honeycombs into honey. Only the bees can do so.

Oh, so you can't process honeycombs into honey anymore? Dang...

I wish. Bees only produce honey once per week.

It's only once a week? Dang... I thought it would be everyday... Man, I don't see why they took out processing honeycombs into honey then...

The fish you put in the pond must be all of the same type species (all Small Bluegilll, all Large Black Bass, etc.). The pond is used to raise the star rank of the fish inside of it.

Oh that's right... I forgot about the star quality part... Though I didn't know they all had to be of the same species...

None of the horses can jump. The main difference between them is the speed at which they run when they have a horse cart attached to them. If you are riding bareback, they all run the same speed (although the pony's legs move faster, so it looks like it runs faster).

Hmm... I thought I saw someone posting that the higher tier horses could jump... That's what I based my answer off of...

Thanks for the correction though... I got most of the info off of your guide and the rest from what I heard people saying on the forum... But I do remember someone posting something about at least one of the types of horses being able to jump...
---
You know its odd... I really can't get the phrase "Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu-sen Ama Kakeru Ryu no Hirameki" out of my head... Maybe its just me... :(
#5Hmoobthor(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2011 3:59:44 PM
Thanks all for elaborating on the animals.

Appreciate it for the weeks when the game comes out in US.
#6CherubaePosted 9/13/2011 6:38:53 PM
Esperman posted...

But I do remember someone posting something about at least one of the types of horses being able to jump...

None of the horses can jump. There's no where in the game for the horse to jump anyway. Your character can jump though.

The horse could jump around the horse track in Grand Bazaar, but there's nothing similar in Two Towns.
---
Ushi No Tane, covering Harvest Moon and River King
- http://www.fogu.com/hm
#7EspermanPosted 9/13/2011 6:44:05 PM
None of the horses can jump. There's no where in the game for the horse to jump anyway. Your character can jump though.

The horse could jump around the horse track in Grand Bazaar, but there's nothing similar in Two Towns.

Huh, well maybe the poster had the wrong information because that's what I had read... Unless I had misread it... Thanks for the corrections...
---