No Rivals :) Now I don't feel bad!

#1SchmemanPosted 9/26/2011 3:36:55 AM
I'm so glad that this game doesn't have any Rivals. I always felt really bad for Rick in Friends of Mineral Town because I'd marry Karen and then he'd be stuck without anyone for himself. Makes me sad :( but this game doesn't have any rivals so yay :)))
---
Murray
#2knightmarelinkPosted 9/26/2011 11:43:16 AM
feel the same way with animal parade. kinda wish that whoever your rival was for the one you married, they'd marry the witch or wizard.
#3SeirafoxPosted 9/26/2011 12:07:41 PM
Rivals seemed to take up my time too much so im so glad they're not in this game :D
---
~~{Harvest Moon}~~
#4SoaringBlizzardPosted 9/26/2011 1:20:14 PM
now instead of only one ending up alone, everyone besides you and your wife/husband will be alone.

seems worse to me XD
#5Schmeman(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2011 1:40:50 PM
SoaringBlizzard posted...
now instead of only one ending up alone, everyone besides you and your wife/husband will be alone.

seems worse to me XD

Haha I never thought of it that way, but at least this time I'm not swooping in and stealing their one true chance at romance.
---
Murray
#6gamecatmeowPosted 10/4/2011 10:49:18 AM
I'am GLAD there is no rivals in this one and I hope there is none in the future of HM, because I won't have to rush in giving gifts to the guys before the rival event starts to trigger and when I choose the bachelor I want maybe it's just me but I cringe a little when I see the rivals after I got married. Thanks Natsume! ^_^
#7lunarXskiesPosted 10/4/2011 9:27:09 PM
But I like the rival events =\
And the marriage is usually at year 4+
#8slickpnoy3Posted 10/5/2011 7:06:18 PM
Not to mention sometimes your rivals would have kids so YOUR kid wouldn't be a loner...
---
"Silent alarm ACTIVATED!"
"Some people are like slinkies--generally useless, but you still get a smile when they tumble down stairs."
#9tsunamizeroPosted 10/6/2011 1:02:51 PM
Considering how long it takes for things to get done in this game (one farm expansion a season, but only if you're not fixing the tunnel), romantic rivals would have been nice to see. I rarely play past completing the 3rd year in HM games, but I'll probably end up in the 5th year before I'm satisfied with getting everything.
---
The apple may not fall far from the tree, but coconuts can cross oceans.
Gamertag: tsunamizero02
#10Unicorn_FirePosted 10/7/2011 6:58:58 AM
I was sort of sad that there were no true rivals, since I could see a lot of adorable couples being plucked out. Kana and Georgia, Hiro and Nori, Reina and Cam, Ash and Laney...
---
I set unicorns on fire for fun. :D