Let's Share Tips and Tricks?

#1vividearPosted 9/28/2011 12:41:54 PM
Does anyone have any tips/tricks? I read a few on posts but I think it would be easier for everyone to come to one place to share tips/tricks! All I have so far is that :

- All the cooking festivals are random. It does not matter how many stars your dish is. Just restart your day if you didn't win the first time. I did however have to restart my game at least four times to win which was annoying since you have to wait until noon. After the second restart, I didn't do anything except water my crops and feed my animals.

- I save all the branches I found. I read that when you marry, you need to expand your house which takes 100 lumber/branches. It was also handy to have many when the Axe Request started in Summer. I didn't have to wait to gather branches.

- Save 10 Old Boots and 10 Old Balls. They are for the fishing rod you get later on in Winter I believe.

- I noticed that a lot of the forest animals like the crops I grow. So I usually save a few after each harvest and toss it to my favorites -the bear, the fox, and the bunnies! The ducks are easy to woo, just catch fish and toss it to their direction. However the ducks are picky to what fish I give them.

:D
#2EspermanPosted 9/28/2011 12:44:11 PM
The ducks like Killifish and Smelts (Any size...), so if you throw them those two types of fish, you'll definitely get them to eat it... Also, I noticed that a lot of the wild animals like eggs... Monkeys, wild boars, foxes, the raccoon, and I think there were a couple other species that like eggs...
---
You know its odd... I really can't get the phrase "Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu-sen Ama Kakeru Ryu no Hirameki" out of my head... Maybe its just me... :(
#3vividear(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2011 12:48:49 PM
Esperman posted...
The ducks like Killifish and Smelts (Any size...), so if you throw them those two types of fish, you'll definitely get them to eat it... Also, I noticed that a lot of the wild animals like eggs... Monkeys, wild boars, foxes, the raccoon, and I think there were a couple other species that like eggs...
---
You know its odd... I really can't get the phrase "Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu-sen Ama Kakeru Ryu no Hirameki" out of my head... Maybe its just me... :(

Yes! That's all I have been feeding my duck friends. :>~ &thanks for the egg tip! It's quite hard for me to befriend the animals, especially since I want to sell mostly everything to earn more money. -sigh-
#4EspermanPosted 9/28/2011 12:53:49 PM
It's quite hard for me to befriend the animals, especially since I want to sell mostly everything to earn more money. -sigh-

To be honest, I don't blame you... I heard that all they do is forage stuff for you once a month... I'm just doing it to confirm whether it's true and if there's any other perks to befriending them... But yeah, if the above is true, then I'd say it isn't worth it to befriend animals... Well, maybe except for the ducks since the fish they like (Except for regular sized smelts...) don't sell for all that much to begin with... (And I'm just talking about the ones you can get from bare-handed fishing...)

Oh, and for people who never see the panda, apparently, it's nocturnal... People have been saying it only appears at night around 10 PM to I guess midnight... (Or later...)
---
#5vividear(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2011 1:14:06 PM
Esperman posted...
It's quite hard for me to befriend the animals, especially since I want to sell mostly everything to earn more money. -sigh-

To be honest, I don't blame you... I heard that all they do is forage stuff for you once a month... I'm just doing it to confirm whether it's true and if there's any other perks to befriending them... But yeah, if the above is true, then I'd say it isn't worth it to befriend animals... Well, maybe except for the ducks since the fish they like (Except for regular sized smelts...) don't sell for all that much to begin with... (And I'm just talking about the ones you can get from bare-handed fishing...)

Oh, and for people who never see the panda, apparently, it's nocturnal... People have been saying it only appears at night around 10 PM to I guess midnight... (Or later...)
---

What do you mean foraging stuff for you? o-o I read on the forum that if you befriend ... let's say the bear, the bear will help move boulders for you. I haven't found any confirmation on that though.

AND I just saw the panda! Thank for telling me, I had no clue there was even a panda >>. It's on the first map of the forest of Kohohana. Its up by the bamboos. ^^

Also, stole this from user "Hmoobthor" :

Bear: Honey, turnip, potato, tomato, sweet potato, bok choy, carrot, strawberry, corn
Panda: Bamboo grass, turnip, potato, strawberry, tomato, carrot, sweet potato, bok choy, banana, grape
Fox: Egg, black egg, potato, strawberry, tomato, carrot, sweet potato, bok choy, fried tofu
Tanuki: Egg, black egg, tomato, bok choy
Rabbit: Carrot, corn, turnip, sweet potato
Weasel: Egg, black egg
Monkey: Egg, black egg, sweet potato
Boar: Egg, black egg, turnip, tomato
Chickadee: Wheat, corn, rice
Mouse: Corn, cheese
Duck: Medaka-type fish (any size), Wakasagi-type fish (any size)
#6Tom007Posted 9/28/2011 3:16:52 PM
bears+boulders = random. Though at Fogu there's also a discussion about that saying that it may require the first tunnel expansion before they'll move boulders. You do NOT have to befriend them to move the boulders. That's been specified just about everywhere that I've read....and probably will be specified when someone asks "do I have to befriend the bear?...I heard"...
---
Life of Bittersweet torment, why dost thou inflict me so?
KS - Obviously you condescending twit!
#7EspermanPosted 9/28/2011 5:03:02 PM
What do you mean foraging stuff for you?

This, I do not know... I'm still trying to befriend the animals to find out exactly what they do, but according to what I've heard, I heard they'll give you items... I have no idea what they're supposed to give you though...
---
#8Dragovian1Posted 9/28/2011 7:02:01 PM
- I was able to hand-fish for Small Coins at the 1st area from Bluebell (Low Mountain area) during Spring. Hand-fish where the stream splits to hopefully get some. I was averaging 1-2 a day w/out focusing on it completely.

- I found Fish Fossils in the 2nd area from Konohana (Mid-Mountain Area) during Summer. I used the normal rod at the most southern dock (not the one by the waterfall...the other one). I focused most hours of a day to that and I was getting around 3-6 a day. It only works on nice days, not rainy days.

- I found the King Catfish doing the same as above ^ for the Fish Fossils, except it was raining.
---
http://www.amazon.com/shops/A258UKMK08DSV0
Playing: DS- HM: Tale of Two Towns, DQ Monsters: Joker 2 / PC- Rome: Total War - Total Realism (Mod for RTW)
#9vividear(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2011 7:18:03 PM
Tom007 posted...
bears+boulders = random. Though at Fogu there's also a discussion about that saying that it may require the first tunnel expansion before they'll move boulders. You do NOT have to befriend them to move the boulders. That's been specified just about everywhere that I've read....and probably will be specified when someone asks "do I have to befriend the bear?...I heard"...
---
Life of Bittersweet torment, why dost thou inflict me so?
KS - Obviously you condescending twit!

I just read Fogu discussion about the befriending the bear! Thanks for posting it. The bears will move the boulders with each tunnel expansion. Esperman posted...
What do you mean foraging stuff for you?

This, I do not know... I'm still trying to befriend the animals to find out exactly what they do, but according to what I've heard, I heard they'll give you items... I have no idea what they're supposed to give you though...
---

Let us know if you find out anything!! ^^

Dragovian1 posted...
- I was able to hand-fish for Small Coins at the 1st area from Bluebell (Low Mountain area) during Spring. Hand-fish where the stream splits to hopefully get some. I was averaging 1-2 a day w/out focusing on it completely.

- I found Fish Fossils in the 2nd area from Konohana (Mid-Mountain Area) during Summer. I used the normal rod at the most southern dock (not the one by the waterfall...the other one). I focused most hours of a day to that and I was getting around 3-6 a day. It only works on nice days, not rainy days.

- I found the King Catfish doing the same as above ^ for the Fish Fossils, except it was raining.
---
http://www.amazon.com/shops/A258UKMK08DSV0
Playing: DS- HM: Tale of Two Towns, DQ Monsters: Joker 2 / PC- Rome: Total War - Total Realism (Mod for RTW)

I found my first fish fossil in the 2nd area also on Summer 1! I also found the King Catfish but I don't remember if it was raining or not. I haven't found that many small coins, only a handful~ Thanks for posting! ^_^
#10EspermanPosted 9/28/2011 8:16:25 PM
Let us know if you find out anything!! ^^

Definitely... Though don't be surprised if it's disappointing news... Some people over at the FOGU forum (Me included...) are going for different wild animals and we're gonna report our findings once we befriend the animals we were assigned... I have ducks and monkeys... Though it's gonna take a while for the monkeys as my chicken is currently pregnant...
---
More topics from this board...
Favorite animal?fortressgirl1002212/5 12:04PM