Multiplayer/Co-op?

#1vegita2087Posted 3/30/2010 6:53:28 AM
Any form of multiplayer or co-op? I'm a huge fan of many dynasty games largely because of their co-op.

Thanks for any info!
#2DarkYakumoPosted 3/30/2010 6:57:02 AM
There is split screen for Illusion Mode but no multiplayer and I don't blame them for not having it as there are too few characters imo. Now I can see multiplayer in HM2 if they go and add several characters and throw in the 2nd part of Hokuto no Ken characters. That would be sweet.
---
"why is this a topic?... -1 for humanity" - Ninja_Toast
PSN: Soukyuu-kun Jap PSN: DarkYakumo
#3vegita2087(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2010 7:04:01 AM
So, there's no co-op in the legendary mode =( ?
#4GirgantePosted 3/30/2010 7:05:22 AM
Split-screen but no multi-player? Are you sure you worded that well? >_>;;

And what's roster size have to do with there being multi-player or not. Final Fight, anyone?

---
No matter what happens, there will be a solution when it happens. - Yoh Asakura, Shaman King
PSN: Girgante; WoW: Zepheldir, Death Knight, Sporeggar EU
#5vegita2087(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2010 7:08:50 AM
I've just been crossing my fingers there would be co-op. If they had it in one game mode but not the other it would be dissapointing. Can anyone confirm/deny this information as far as there being co-op in illusion mode but not legendary (story) mode?
#6DarkYakumoPosted 3/30/2010 7:16:14 AM
I can confirm it and yes, only Illusion mode has split screen. Also, Multiplayer is online for the other guy who seems confused. There is no ONLINE for HM. So no, its not weird. You sit on a couch with a friend and play together. I prefer that anyway until there are more characters to play as for online and then I can see some variation online.
---
#7DarkYakumoPosted 3/30/2010 7:19:06 AM
Also, Final Fight isn't a valid argument as that game was released way back in the early 90s in the arcades and was meant for only 2-3 ppl to play. With online now, especially with what Strikeforce has done, I can see 4 ppl playing online and I would love to play games with ppl online who pick different characters besides seeing a lot of Raohs if you catch my drift, so that was fail.

Sry for the double post everyone.
---
#8GirgantePosted 3/30/2010 7:33:55 AM
I see, thanks for clarifying. The Final Fight comment wasn't fail though, size of the roster shouldn't matter for whether or not there should be online play, from what I've seen there are enough characters for online play(heck, since there is split-screen play that automatically means that there is enough for online).

---
No matter what happens, there will be a solution when it happens. - Yoh Asakura, Shaman King
PSN: Girgante; WoW: Zepheldir, Death Knight, Sporeggar EU
#9DarkYakumoPosted 3/30/2010 7:39:22 AM
True but with only like 7-8 characters (I forget the exact number), and judging from Koei's DW: Strikeforce and allowing 4 max online at a time, that's about half the roster. Also, 2 of the characters are practically useless, so this leaves us with like 6 and a good chunk of the people will pick Raoh because let's face it, its Raoh! I can see Pre-sickness Toki being played as well as Ken.

Of course Nanto will be used but I can see Raoh as the main 1st pick. I'd like it if they just added more people like Ryuga and Juuza and for once, Shuu. Then online would be more interesting as people can really pick a character they like or are good with to play online. That's all I'm saying.
---