Skill translation

#1GooseDXPosted 4/5/2010 5:03:51 PM
Well my skill translation got rejected for lack of content. So I'll post it here as I'm sure someone will find it useful. As far as I can tell all characters have access to the same skill set. they are unlocked from the third menu option (Acupressure research chart) after selecting a mission and equipped in the first menu option (ability set)

As Japanese can't be posted on this forum, you need to refer to the second table at this link to see the the skills corresponding characters. If all you can see is boxes, then you will need a Japanese language pack for you computer.
http://www21.atwiki.jp/hokutomusou/pages/59.html

(Thanks to billyclark for the link)

1 - Ability of Health *
Health goes up as karma points are collected.

2 - Ability of Attack *
Attack power increases as karma points are collected.

3 - Ability of Defence
Defence increases as karma points are collected.

4 Method of Demon War
Enemies are more likely to enter 'Secret hole' (Hokuto type and Unique type characters) or 'Fighting spirit' (Nanto type Characters)state when attacked.
i.e. when enemies become electrified or have blue slashes appear
over them

5 Instinct for conflict **
see notes

6 - Knowledge of Nourishment
Increases the effectiveness of Aura and health items by a factor
of 3.

7 - War god death confrontation
When the health meter is low, attack power increases.

8 - Steel being death confrontation
When the health meter is low, defence is increased.

9 - Conquering sky thrust dance
Increases the damage enemies take while in the air.

10 - furious sky snap
Projectile damage is increased.

11 - Master of Strong attacks *
Shorts the time required to preform strong attacks (Triangle or Y
button)

12 - Fight toward Victory
Fighting spirit gauge will increase while using Special moves

13- Champion's fighting spirit
Fighting spirit gauge is easier to fill

14 - hidden power mastery
Increases the damage of special moves

15- Secret process of Resuscitation *
When standing still, health will be regenerated, though defence
will be lowered greatly.

16 - Legend's heart
Special moves damage is increased.

17 - Adamantine being *
Can block even guard breaking attacks.

18 - Gentle man's defence *
Decreases the time taken to block.

19 - mind's eye *
Makes just guarding easier to preform.
#2GooseDX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2010 5:07:20 PM
20 - Clairvoyance's protection *
Gives the ability to block attacks from behind.

21 - fierce tiger palm*
Gives the ability to damage enemies who are guarding.

22 - Natural genius
Reduces the required amount of karma points to get skill points
from 150 to 120.

23 - Dirty Trick
Enemies under the effect of 'Secret hole' (Hokuto type
and Unique type characters) or 'Fighting spirit' (Nanto type
Characters) lose health.
over them.

24 - Miraculous Attack *
'Secret hole' (Hokuto type and Unique type characters) or 'Fighting spirit' (Nanto type Characters) status last longer on enemies.
i.e. when enemies become electrified or have blue slashes appear over them.

25 - Softening of the Flesh*
Enemies under the effect of 'Secret hole' (Hokuto type and Unique type characters) or 'Fighting spirit' (Nanto type Characters) receive a larger amount of damage from attacks.
i.e. when enemies become electrified or have blue slashes appear over them.

26 - Seal of Defence *
Enemies under the effect of 'Secret hole' (Hokuto type and Unique type characters) or 'Fighting spirit' (Nanto type Characters) cannot defend.
over them.

27 - Seal of Special moves*
Enemies under the effect of 'Secret hole' (Hokuto type and Unique type characters) or 'Fighting spirit' (Nanto type Characters) cannot use special moves.
over them.

28 - Northern Star God Fist's main point
Defeated enemies count towards Hokuto Shin Ken's kill count.
Cannot be used at the same time as 29 or 30.

29 - Southern Star Holy Fist's main point
Defeated enemies count towards Nanto Sei Ken's kill count.
Cannot be used at the same time as 28 or 30

30 - 有情拳の極意 - Fist of Humanity's main point
Defeated enemies count towards Ujyou Ken's kill count.
Cannot be used at the same time as 28 or 29.

* These abilities were translated from the information from here
http://www21.atwiki.jp/hokutomusou/pages/59.html
I haven't unlocked these yet and so haven't been able to test out
their effects myself.
#3GooseDX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2010 5:11:33 PM
This is also the order they appear in the equip menu from top to bottom left to right.

I have not intention of writing a more in-depth FAQ for this game, so if someone would like to use this information in their own FAQ feel free to use it.
#4EmeraldoPosted 4/5/2010 5:42:35 PM
All of these work and I have tested all of them. Good job on translation.

---
PSN: paozo
My SCIV CaS collection: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v16/EmeraldWeapon/SCIV/
#5Servbot001Posted 4/5/2010 6:01:53 PM
so ALL chars have the same skill table?

---
Version 2.0 "Building Better Worlds"
http://www.geocities.com/shadowjin_gpow/
#6GooseDX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2010 6:08:43 PM
All characters that I have seen have thirty slots and and there are only thirty skills, so I assume so.
The only real difference seems to be in the skill's unlock locations on the Acupressure research chart.
#7ShirakaniPosted 4/5/2010 7:51:51 PM
Good job on these, you gave me a bit more faith in my translation, lol. I was going to post a similar list, but seeing as yours got rejected I don't think I'll bother either.

Just a little note, the term 'secret hole' is quite a literal translation on babelfish's part if you used that. It's katakana for 'hikou' aka pressure point. Just use the term 'pressure point'. The lightning aura means an enemy has had his pressure points struck and are in a vulnerable state.
---
---
Remember kids, you can't spell ignorance without IGN.
#8ShirakaniPosted 4/5/2010 7:54:35 PM
Grr, damn misclick... Was also going to say, 'fighting spirit' literally is 'touki', but i suppose it can be left as that. Just had to clarify the 'secret hole' bit as that really doesn't sound right if you think about it.... kekeke.
---
---
#9GooseDX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2010 8:05:53 PM
Thanks for the input. I used JWPce 1.50, it's a great little Japanese word processor/ dictionary. Hikou didn't come up in the dictionary some I just translated the kanji literally. This was more than just a machine translation, but not by much. Though I didn't know about that website till half way through and had to look up most the kanji by hand.

To be honest I'm not too familiar with the world of Hokuto no ken outside of the 2D fighter and the 1980's movie.
#10ShirakaniPosted 4/6/2010 4:38:00 AM
Ok, here's my little contribution to all. Many thanks to GooseDX as his list has also corrected a couple of my own translations. Rather than poast a list here on the forum directly I've simply uploaded an RTF file for download. It's easier than cross referencing.

Download here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/wf3zh9

I've attempted to give some of the names a 'proper' english name. Of course there is no LITERAL translation for these as you can see from GooseDX's list, it sounds pretty stupid. So I've picked a close equivalent that makes sense. If you don't like it or disagree, well, tough.

Full credits to GooseDX for posting the original list. I have used his english literal translated names as a basis for writing my list as I originally didn't bother to do that.

Not going to bother to submit this in a FAQ as it will probably get rejected for lack of content like GooseDX has already experienced. If anyone writing a proper FAQ wants to use this in their work, please credit GooseDX and myself. That is all I (we) ask.

If you cannot read the kana, you need a japanese font. The font I used was MS P Gothic (with the 'gothic' in katakana).
---
---