Question about Raoh's Hokuto Musou Tensei *Maybe Spoilers*

#1dgbg13Posted 4/10/2010 1:07:03 PM
In Hokuto no ken kenshiro learns the musou tensei move by harnessing certain spirits sadness.....Yea?

Raoh claims he developed this sadness from killing yuria but as we all know shes not dead.....So how did raoh really manage to learn the technique?

---
i CaN dO A rAgInG dEmOn In ReAl LiFe!
#2Shui GorPosted 4/10/2010 1:20:15 PM
it's through his love of yuria and sorrow over her impending death
---
We exist because they allow it; we will end because they demand it.
#3dgbg13(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2010 4:10:36 PM
hm

---
i CaN dO A rAgInG dEmOn In ReAl LiFe!
#4ParanoiaSMOPosted 4/10/2010 4:32:17 PM
When Raoh is about to kill Yuria, e we find out that she also has the sickness that Toki had. Obviously Raoh was sad when he fought Toki and could not be beat by Toki due to his sickness. I forgot most of the details, but I think it was out of pity he let her live. Plus extended her life.
---
Ashamed of being a gamer due to all the fanboys left and right making their opinions as facts and got nothing better to do than boast about a GAME CONSOLE.
#5SSJMewzardPosted 4/10/2010 6:21:38 PM
Raoh said if he had killed Yuria, he would have surpassed Kenshiro, but he couldn't force himself to do so, iirc.
---
Why?
#6rhalxPosted 4/10/2010 7:34:21 PM
He never said that.
#7SSJMewzardPosted 4/10/2010 8:39:27 PM
Well, it has been a while since I last watched the anime, and have been unable to find any English release of the manga that gets particularly far without dying off, so forgive my confusion.
---
Why?
#8GregojiraPosted 4/10/2010 9:46:36 PM
If you read carefully what Yulia says at Raoh's funeral... it's fairly obvious that if he had not sacrificed a portion of his spirit/Ki/aura to extend her life, he would certainly have bested Kenshiro in the final battle.

Even Ken realizes this and gives a sudden statement upon this realization...

At that point they both realize that Raoh was not the villain that they believed him to be at one time.
Perhaps Raoh truly was a worthy successor of the Hokuto Shinken style... but only with this last sacrifice could he have finally learned what made Kenshiro the technique's chosen inheritor.
Thus, he learned sadness... the one thing he saw in Kenshiro's eyes that brought fear into his heart.

Kinda subtle... but a good Japanese translator will be able to read between the lines for you.
This was even more obvious in the anime's dialogue for that scene...
#9KojiSakujinPosted 4/10/2010 9:52:18 PM
"In Hokuto no ken kenshiro learns the musou tensei move by harnessing certain spirits sadness.....Yea?

Raoh claims he developed this sadness from killing yuria but as we all know shes not dead.....So how did raoh really manage to learn the technique?
"

Ya know, I always wondered this as well. I mean, I get WHY he knows it, but I'm not sure I agree with it, honestly. Kenshiro went through HELL to understand the technique.

He lost the love of his life, plus many friends, came to realizations along the way, had one bad day after another, and fate just kept kicking his ass basically. Raoh has one little realization that Yuria is sick and suddenly he knows the technique? Seems rather small in comparison to what Kenshiro had to experience in order to obtain the technique.

Don't get me wrong. Raoh gets mad respect from me ANYWAY, but that part of the series always stood out for me and I never really understood why he was able to learn Musou Tensei the way he did.
---
Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TetsuyaHikari
PSN: TetsuyaHikari
#10GregojiraPosted 4/10/2010 10:49:33 PM
Kenshiro learned through the suffering of his friends and loved ones DIRECTLY... so his understanding was immediate and first hand.

Roah's understanding was through carefully watching and observing Kenshiro's tragedy... some of which he himself orchestrated. He basically created his own nemesis... step by step guiding and pushing his own executioner towards their inevitable showdown.

Raoh's comprehension of the technique was through observation and finally through transformation by imitating the means by which Kenshiro achieved the feat... by willingly sacrificing his own power for the betterment of another... in spite of the fact that it would mean almost certain defeat for him.

He allowed "sadness"... or compassion... to overcome his will to conquer... and through this sudden realization inadvertently learned the very technique that made Kenshiro his better.