infinite exp grind guide ( glitch ?) (***Spoilers***)

#1stgsmilingPosted 1/3/2010 9:42:03 PM
When you have the ability to visit (and survive) Keara's fortress, make your way to the inside part where you are required to guess the names of statues to proceed. You will reach a gate that asks if you have named all of the statues correctly. If you have NOT done so, the gate will say you guessed wrong and in doing so, it will reset / respawn every enemy in the area.

Unlike nest towers or other places that respawn enemies, these enemies still grant exp. This enables you to run in circles, killing everything you see over and over again and rake in the exp. You can rinse and repeat several times and gain several levels this way.

Eventually, you will reach a point where the exp they give isn't very much, so it will take longer to level up if you choose to continue at that point. However, when you are at that level where the exp dwindles, you should be much more powerful than when you entered.

Enjoy
---
GT: TH3 P3NETR4T0R
#2DrJawlessPosted 1/3/2010 10:27:04 PM
I mentioned this before, but you're a lot clearer.

Did you see if it continually works? I stopped after the 5th time since it took me that long to solve the puzzle.
---
Gametag: Jawless Dan
Here at Sofa King, our prices are Sofa King low that you will call us Sofa King crazy
#3stgsmiling(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2010 5:34:02 AM
it works as long as you are willing to tolerate the constantly diminishing exp return. The higher your level gets, the less exp the enemies give you. I do not know if it reaches a point where you get 0 exp because i too gave up and solved the puzzle after a few tries.

but overall this is a nice way to farm exp for a while
---
#4RogueShadow0618Posted 1/4/2010 6:36:20 AM
If the amount you recieve gets lower as you go it will eventually get 0 XP. If you felt like killing 700 goblins in Farglow at the beginning you could hit Lvl 3 before they stopped giving XP.
#5stgsmiling(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2010 6:58:50 AM
it's still a good head start
---
#6RogueShadow0618Posted 1/4/2010 6:13:06 PM
I just posted that as a way of saying that eventually you will stop getting XP for using the reset the puzzle method.
#7SINISTER XIIIPosted 1/5/2010 1:20:39 PM
killing 700 goblins in Farglow

Please tell me you didn't try this.....lol

---
"I bring the purity of OBLIVION to your world..."
APOCALYPSE
#8RogueShadow0618Posted 1/5/2010 2:53:08 PM
Heck no I didn't do that. I just read someones tip that if you wanted to grind that much that's how many you needed. I think it was on the gamepressure.com guide that continues to be referred to. On ly thing with that guide is that chest contents are random, not fixed. Or at least in the demo this was so. If he were to just note the locations of the chests that would be fine by me.
#9TengaarChanPosted 1/9/2010 2:54:16 AM
How do melt the ice wall in Keara?s Headquarters? There is supposed to be a chest with an axe there...
---
Welcome to the internet, Where the women are men, men are men and the children are FBI agents.
Xbox Live GT: Jacky Chan1
#101949tcrPosted 1/9/2010 4:02:48 AM
700 lol...You did do it huh? If I had the time I would too....
---
RE,DMC,SH,GTA,DOOM, FO3, Sacred-2, Vectorman & Sinatra these are a few of my favorite things, insert music here.