Respec - Don't do it.

#1Darkwind_LegionPosted 4/18/2011 8:24:43 PM
So... this board kinda sucks. You can search for respec and find -no- topics. Further evidence that this is sort of a crap game, glad I got it for very cheap.

To new people. Respec = hard. You cannot even do it until like 3/4 of the way thru the game so pick your skills as best you can up front from the super limited info on the board and in the faqs.

When you -can- finally respec towards the end it'll cost you 5K gold and most of the game to get to.

I wish someone with a clue would have posted this, but I bear this cross for all of you.
#2jeroenmelgPosted 4/19/2011 3:25:36 AM
What is the point of this topic? To inform us when you can re-spec your skills? Or to tell us that you should never respec?

Whatever it is, this question has been asked lots of times. You just aren't searching well.
And respec your skills is very usefull. I respec at least 2 times per game.
---
Don't get mad, get better
#3LancetJadesPosted 4/19/2011 7:34:49 AM(edited)
Darkwind_Legion posted...
So... this board kinda sucks. You can search for respec and find -no- topics. Further evidence that this is sort of a crap game, glad I got it for very cheap.

To new people. Respec = hard. You cannot even do it until like 3/4 of the way thru the game so pick your skills as best you can up front from the super limited info on the board and in the faqs.

When you -can- finally respec towards the end it'll cost you 5K gold and most of the game to get to.

I wish someone with a clue would have posted this, but I bear this cross for all of you.

First of all, there's nothing "hard" about respeccing. You can do it as early as what is approximately the halfway point.

Second, 5000 gold isn't that much at that point. Most quests should give more than plenty of gold, combined with selling loot, to afford at least two respecs (15000 gold total).

Third, my guide (the plain old "FAQ" here) has a detailed skill list including a description of each skill (including my personal experiences with it), and a list of all attributes of it at every level. It's hardly "super limited info," unless you mean you want other people to choose your skills for you.
---
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.
#4Fiendish666Posted 4/19/2011 1:59:12 PM
jeroenmelg posted...
What is the point of this topic? To inform us when you can re-spec your skills? Or to tell us that you should never respec?

Whatever it is, this question has been asked lots of times. You just aren't searching well.
And respec your skills is very usefull. I respec at least 2 times per game.

The guy sounds bitter because he doesn't have the foresight type out his search more vaguely; even if half the messages are locked and deleted there is at least one topic from a year ago that touches on this subject. All you have to type in is Skill.. It is gamefaqs, not the Encyclopedia Britannica.
---
Just because all trolls are douchebags, doesn't mean all douchebags are trolls.
#5Fiendish666Posted 4/19/2011 2:19:29 PM
LancetJades posted...
Darkwind_Legion posted...

First of all, there's nothing "hard" about respeccing. You can do it as early as what is approximately the halfway point.

Second, 5000 gold isn't that much at that point. Most quests should give more than plenty of gold, combined with selling loot, to afford at least two respecs (15000 gold total).

Third, my guide (the plain old "FAQ" here) has a detailed skill list including a description of each skill (including my personal experiences with it), and a list of all attributes of it at every level. It's hardly "super limited info," unless you mean you want other people to choose your skills for you.

That is the thing dude, most people who complain here are too lazy to actually read the faqs on here, they obviously can't read that well or just can't comprehend the function of a message board and a Faqs (I.E Walkthrough.) since they think that the Message board is the only source of information.

As far as money, if you take the time and effort to upgrade your runners, (actually Gem Runner.) to Max you can make 20 grand in a matter of minutes. No lie have your Gem runner get Diamonds, he normally comes back with at least 9 (If he wasn't raped by Goblins.) at Max he returns to the Throne Room right after you leave, after a few trips (which is about a minute.) you'll have 50 Diamonds you can either sell them to Sassan if you want for 150 gold, or you can sell them to that dude in High halls if you mindread him for more money.

Seriously I wish people would play a game more thoroughly before bashing it needlessly. Some people need everything spoon fed to them.
---
Just because all trolls are douchebags, doesn't mean all douchebags are trolls.
#6SocratoPosted 4/23/2011 1:33:08 PM
The only thing I want to know is why is it "hard" to the OP?

You get tons of points and you put them where you want after having had a chance to LEARN where you want them from experiencing the first half of the game.

There's nothing hard about it, you just have to have an IQ above 80 and the ability to think about the past and the future.
---
I am the internet, thanks for using me
#7jeroenmelgPosted 4/24/2011 2:41:52 AM
Please stop calling the TC 'OP'
---
Don't get mad, get better
#8SocratoPosted 4/24/2011 7:46:52 AM
jeroenmelg posted...
Please stop calling the TC 'OP'

YES SIR!
---
I am the internet, thanks for using me