Best PvP class

#1captainremoPosted 5/22/2012 9:30:39 AM
Hi everyone, my question is which class is the best in pvp given a skilled player and normal to sub par equipment. Keep in mind, I want to know if two players with a very high skill level and NORMAL gear face off, which class is most likely to come out on top?

I dont want a class where i need to have the pro gear to be a competitive pvper. I have read slayers and sorcerers are pretty capable.

I was wondering are warriors any good? Cause i like the dual swords but i have read some sad things concerning warriors pvp.

Thanks for any advice!
#2A_CavemanPosted 5/22/2012 9:35:01 AM
Slayer. Nearly everything has great damage with good gear at cap.

Slayer has the most tools to actually guarantee that damage happens.
#3captainremo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2012 9:41:44 AM
Short, sweet, and to the point, thanks!
#4potatochobitPosted 5/22/2012 9:48:07 AM
mystic is best
---
http://tenori-taiga.blogspot.com/
rules do not make justice but justice has rules -potatochobit 2012
#5Uncle_LeroyPosted 5/22/2012 9:52:07 AM
potatochobit posted...
mystic is best

Followed by lancer.
---
NeveroddoreveN
Steam: Dirty Uncle Leroy
#6zman133Posted 5/22/2012 11:06:28 AM
I was wondering are warriors any good? Cause i like the dual swords but i have read some sad things concerning warriors pvp.

Pvp is actually the one thing Warriors are great at. They are late bloomers, but once they hit high lvl and get most of their stuns, they are capable of stun-locking an opponent the entire fight. Add that with their 2 dodges that ensure you almost never get hit (if you're smart), you have a pvp wrecking machine. They can't burst nearly at fast as other classes, but you won't have to worry about that when the enemy can't hit you through your clever use of stuns and dodges.
---
Not deleting this sig until Nintendo announces a new 2D Zelda ~ 10/04/2007
#7LokarinPosted 5/22/2012 1:42:16 PM
I'm doing well as Berserker since no one knows how to play on Freeholds.
---
This message has been brought to you by salt.
"Salt cures Everything!"
#8Tman229Posted 5/22/2012 2:34:32 PM
A amateur will more likely say slayer due to high damage and backstab, and CC while anyone else will say lancer, sorc, mystic, priest.

From my experience as an slayer, Lancers are by far the best at pvp. They can chain lock you till severe damage is taken, they can pull or rush often if you try to escape, they are plated so they have a lot of defense, and furthermore they can and will block any frontal attacks and then counter with chain stuns and damage all over again.

Mystics/Priest will constant kite and heal you till you till dead so they are the second worst.

Sorcs can CC you enough for fireblast (a high damage but timely spell) that could be a fight ender for some but that seems to be the least of my problems.

Archers and Berserker seem to be the low tier (though they can be deadly if played properly) mostly because they aren't to fast.
---
PSN - Tman229
Xbox360 GameTag - Tcrusader51
#9A_CavemanPosted 5/22/2012 2:46:38 PM(edited)
Tman229 posted...
A amateur will more likely say slayer due to high damage and backstab, and CC while anyone else will say lancer, sorc, mystic, priest.

From my experience as an slayer, Lancers are by far the best at pvp. They can chain lock you till severe damage is taken, they can pull or rush often if you try to escape, they are plated so they have a lot of defense, and furthermore they can and will block any frontal attacks and then counter with chain stuns and damage all over again.

Mystics/Priest will constant kite and heal you till you till dead so they are the second worst.

Sorcs can CC you enough for fireblast (a high damage but timely spell) that could be a fight ender for some but that seems to be the least of my problems.

Archers and Berserker seem to be the low tier (though they can be deadly if played properly) mostly because they aren't to fast.

Slayer and Warrior can roll through any targetable CC in the game.

Before lv60, a Lancer can and should beat an equally skilled Slayer, because the impact on weapons doesn't compete with the balance on gear, and a Lancer will brush off knockdowns.

However, Tier 12 and 13 weapons were improved to have ridiculous amounts of Impact compared to their lower counterparts, and as such, even Lancers get knocked down with ease. The knockdown lock combined with a very lengthy Stun and a nigh guaranteed critrate on multiple skills in t13 pvp gear AND backstab to initiate the combo is what makes Slayer so dominant.

A good priest or mystic can 1v1 and win against a Slayer, but has to slowly whittle down it's HP and will likely die if even one mistake is made. Or, if the Slayer is running HP Regen Crystals, the match will devolve into an extremely long stalemate.

And don't think that kiting a 60 Slayer is "just that simple" as if you were fighting one in lower levels. They have a 50% Speedup that's up roughly 80% of the time if glyphed, a VERY fast dash, and a teleporting root (that puts it BEHIND the target, for your Lancer comment) that lasts 5 seconds on a 16 second cooldown.

Given equal skill/gear at cap, Slayer is King for a reason.

It's extremely imbalanced, tbqh.
#10Tman229Posted 5/23/2012 12:17:31 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]